Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sreehari
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Qlik Replicate version upgrade on a High Availability Setup(Windows)

Hi team,

I'm running Qlik Replicate application on a high availability setup. The versions are older and I'm planning to upgrade it to the latest version.

**HA setup is something like if one node fails in primary the other node picks up and the application starts on the secondary node

So how can I move ahead with the upgradation process because the application on both nodes have a common shared location.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sreehari
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi team,

I found out what I was doing wrong here, I was trying to access the primary node when all the core cluster resources were running on secondary node , once I have changed it to primary it worked.

Also found out that in Qlik replicate latest version (2024.5.7.04) we can't see the table count in Designer > Selected tables ☹️. It was an usefull feature 

View solution in original post

5 Replies
SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello @Sreehari 

Request you to Follow instruction in below doc. normally in HA DATA folder is Shared not the local replicate binary.

so you need to Stop services on the node. 

Run the Qlik Replicate setup wizard on the first node that is part of your cluster (the active node). Install Qlik Replicate to a local folder. The default path is C:\Program Files\Attunity\Replicate.

Once setup has completed, open a command prompt as an administrator and change the working directory to the Replicate bin directory. The default path is C:\Program Files\Attunity\Replicate\bin.

Installing or upgrading Qlik Replicate on Windows | Qlik Replicate Help

the difference only you need to run the Setup wizard on both nodes to upgrade the local Qlik replicate files.

Regards,

Sushil Kumar

Sreehari
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

After updating Qlik Replicate to the latest version 2024.5.0.74 on both nodes Primary and Secondary.
I was testing if the replicate application was running as required in an High-Availability setup. On testing I observed that its only running on secondary node and then after switching it to primary it's not coming up and I also observed that even when I have switched the node to primary, while opening the application its pointing to the secondary node which is down and not to the primary node which is up and running.

Is there anything I'm missing out here?

Sreehari
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi team,

I found out what I was doing wrong here, I was trying to access the primary node when all the core cluster resources were running on secondary node , once I have changed it to primary it worked.

Also found out that in Qlik replicate latest version (2024.5.7.04) we can't see the table count in Designer > Selected tables ☹️. It was an usefull feature 

sureshkumar
Support
Support

Hello @Sreehari 
We have already raised the issue with our R&D team on "Table count" not showing up in 2024.5

Regards,
Suresh

aarun_arasu
Support
Support

Hello @Sreehari ,

Glad you made it work!

Regarding the table count, we have observed this issue in the latest release and have brought it to the attention of the R&D department. It should be resolved soon.

Regards

Arun