Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
epanosian
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Replication using AWS RDS Oracle database replicated by DMS as source

Hello,

We have an AWS RDS Oracle database which is replicated using DMS (let's call it OR1).  Now we would like to use OR1 (replicated Oracle database) as a Qlik Replicate source endpoint to send data to ADLS (target endpoint). 

Is it feasible? 

thank you,

Estifan

Labels (3)
9 Replies
avidary_qlik
Support
Support

Hi team,

Assuming the RDS Oracle would act as a source in the replication task, there should not be any issue as this is supported. Our suggestion would be to consult if the bound limitations would suit your requirements, for instance, our log reader is quite performant, but has some inner limitations specifically for this endpoint during failover or server restart to consider:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/May2022/Content/Global_Common/Content/SharedReplicateHDD/Oracl...

Since this would be something to better explore on a proof of concept,

We would suggest you reaching to your Qlik Account manager for you to evaluate the added value and feasibility of your project.

Please let us know if any additional questions related to the solution.

Best regards,

Avidar.

epanosian
Contributor
Contributor
Author

RDS Oracle won't be the source. A replicated database using AWS/DMS will be the source.  

avidary_qlik
Support
Support

Understood,

then why not use a direct pipeline from RDS to ADLS?

If not possible, what technology will hold the database at the end of DMS?

Thanks

Avidar

epanosian
Contributor
Contributor
Author

1) Qlik Replicate is out standard tool to send data to ADLS. 

2) Oracle (AWS) 

thank you,

Estifan 

avidary_qlik
Support
Support

Hi @epanosian 

You can use replicate to move data from Oracle in AWS to ADLS.

Thanks

Avidar

epanosian
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello,

1) Yes, I know I can use AWS to ADLS or I can use Qlik and AWS RDS 

2) our standard tool to replicate from Oracle database to ADLS is Qlik.

3) this is a SaaS and vendor (because of let's assume performance) do not want to give Qlik access to source AWS RDS  database and offered a database replicated by DMS. 

so, question is: can I use DMS replicated AWS/RDS Oracle database as a source for Qlik to replicate to ADLS?

thank you,

Estifan

Bill_Steinagle
Support
Support

Estifan,

Hello thank you for the post to the QDI Forums. With the new Qlik Cloud Data Gateway see the link below where you could define this in the new environment with the new up and coming version of Replicate (QDI Data Integration). 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Global_Common/Content/SharedReplic...

Thanks!

Bill

epanosian
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello,

Probably I am missing something.. 

I am aware of "Working with Amazon RDS for Oracle". My question is : can I setup a replication using DMS replicated database  (which itself is a replicated database from a 'Amazon RDS for Oracle' ) as a source ?

thank you,

Estifan

Bill_Steinagle
Support
Support

Estifan,

Thank you for the confirmation. I do not see the DMS Endpoint as a valid native connection however looking into the ODBC settings and we do have ODBC connection from Replicate as it has its limitations as well. Here is link to the ODBC for CDC as a Source. Hope this helps.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/May2022/Content/Replicate/Main/ODBC%20with%20CDC/prereq_odbc.h...

Thanks!

Bill