Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suvbin
Creator II
Creator II

Replicate for datalake

Hi,

Is there any option, to maintain the historical data from source to datalake using attunity replicate. I know that Qlik also has attunity compose for datalake. But instead of taking another tool, is there any option to maintain historical data in replicate tool itself. 

Instead of creating the change tables, the main tables itself should maintain the history of the record for past some days , say example : past 7 days data.

If so please let me know. Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Deepthi.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stevenguyen
Contributor II
Contributor II

I do not see any feature to store  history of the record for ADLS.

This would be consider as Store change tables.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

Hello,

Replicate is designed for capturing changed records from the source and delivering it to the target.

As you said your self, we can deliver the data in change tables or in an audit stream.

But to organize it in into historical consumable records, you need ETL post processing.

This can be automated with Compose or even home grown scripting.

suvbin
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you for the response. 

The scripting can we write in replicate for maintain historical data. If so where it can be written in replicate.

Can you please be more detail on this.

Thank you.

Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

Replicate is designed to deliver data from point to point with maximum speed and minimum impact on the sources.

Unless transformation can happen in-line, the scripting should be written outside of Replicate.

stevenguyen
Contributor II
Contributor II

I do not see any feature to store  history of the record for ADLS.

This would be consider as Store change tables.