Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrankBosh
Contributor III
Contributor III

Replicating Boolean failed on invalid SQL data type -7

Replicating columns defined as Boolean failed after upgrading source endpoint from DB2 for LUW V11.1.4.6 to V11.5.7.0.  The error message is "<column> has unknown SQL data type -7" and forces the Task to terminate.  I tried a workaround with source_lookup function to transform the Boolean column and get the same error message.

I thought upgrading DB2 Client to V11.5.7.0 may help, but I read on this forum that I should not upgrade DB2 Client to V11.5.7.0 as it is not certified for use.

Does anyone have a solution or workaround?

Our environment:

Qlik Replicate 2021.11.0.165

Source end point is DB2 for LUW V11.5.7.0

Target end point is Azure SQL Server

DB2 Client is V11.1

Source_lookup function:   Source_lookup(3, <tabschema>, <tabname>, <Boolean colname>, <primary key colname> =?, $< primary key colname>)

Labels (1)
19 Replies
FrankBosh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The work around is not effective with DB2 driver version 11.1.4. 

I'm waiting on another department to install DB2 driver 11.5.6.  I will re-test the Boolean data type and the work around once it's installed and post the results.

Best regards,

Ken

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @FrankBosh , Ken,

How is the testing going with driver 11.5.6?

Thanks,

Dana

FrankBosh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Dana,

Driver 11.5.6 was installed on our non-prod server last week.  In Table Settings, Transform, Output, set column to Type Boolean it did not work.  Now, Type is set to string(1) and waiting to get data from the application.  If this doesn't work I will try setting Type to Int1, then I will try the work around with source_lookup.

source_lookup(3,'<tabschema>','<tabname>','<columnname>','<uniqueidentier=?>','<$uniqeridentier>)

I will post the test results.

Best regards,

Ken

FrankBosh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Dana,

Testing with DB2 driver V11.5.6 did not work.  In Table Settings, Transform, Output, Column type was set to string(1), int(1), unit1, bytes(1) and source _lookup(3,’<tabschema>’,’<tabname>’,’<colname>’,’uniqueidentifer=?>’,’<$uniqueidentifer>) these data types failed on invalid SQL data type -7.  Any thing else I can try will be appreciated.

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @FrankBosh 

I'm checking with my colleagues on next steps.

Thanks,

Dana

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @FrankBosh , Ken,

Please open a support case to see if we can help you further.

Thanks,

Dana

FrankBosh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Dana,

I'll open a support case.

Thanks,

Ken

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @FrankBosh ,

Got information from PM team that BOOLEAN data type for IBM DB2 LUW is in R&D consideration, hopefully we get it verified in Q2/Q3 this year (this is not commitment yet). We will keep you posted of any new progress.

Hops this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @FrankBosh ,

Got information from PM team that BOOLEAN data type for IBM DB2 LUW is in R&D consideration, hopefully we get it verified in Q2/Q3 this year (this is not commitment yet). We will keep you posted of any new progress.

Hops this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
FrankBosh
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks, John. We'll await further updates.