Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris500
Contributor
Contributor

Security management questions/improvements

Hi,

This is more a question and potential suggestions for improvement for managing security in Qlik Replicate. At the moment we have two issues with the way in which we can manage security:

1. Security is managed by assigning four roles (excluding 'None') at the Console level. We would like to be able to assign those roles to each individual Replicate task and/or Endpoint as and when appropriate without having to create further consoles.
  2. The viewer role apparently does not allow the people assigned it the ability to view everything. I must confess I haven't verified the exact detail, but I believe from others' feedback that aspects such as the columns included in a replicated table, for example, cannot be seen by those granted the viewer role. If opening this up is considered undesirable, can a new role be created called something like 'Viewer (All)' and the existing viewer role be renamed as something like 'Viewer (Restricted)'?
Labels (2)
3 Replies
SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello Team,

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik via Qlik Community Support page. You can achieve this by managing Qlik replicate via Qlik enterprise manager. It a Separate product and may additionally license cost.  

refer below link for more information.

Server management permissions | Qlik Enterprise Manager Help

Reagrds,

Sushil Kumar

Chris500
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your reply SushiKumar.

I was more looking to be able to do/have both things in Qlik Replicate, rather than need to license a new product. We only have four consoles at this stage, so justifying Enterprise manager would be a bit difficult.

Kind regards,

Chris Stride

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @Chris500 

We encourage you to engage with our Product Management team here with your suggestions for improvement: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Ideas/idb-p/qlik-ideas

Thanks,

Dana