Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miller_michael
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Unable to achieve successful "Test Connection" when defining Snowflake endpoint target

While simultaneously connected to Snowflake directly; using the same credentials, I am unable to authenticate to the intended Snowflake environment.  Receive "SYS-E-HTTPFAIL, SYS-E-HTTPFAIL, cannot connect to Cloud server"  More details indicates "SQLState: 2800 NativeError: 390100: Incorrect username or password was specified."

What obvious thing am I overlooking?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
miller_michael
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Problem has been worked around.  I created a new Snowflake account with AccountAdmin privileges, and used those credentials in the Target definition.  (I was previously using credentials associated with my user account.)  Everything tested and works.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
lyka
Support
Support

Hi Miller,

Can you make sure that the username/password has access to the correct database that is defined in the endpoint?

What is the complete error that you see from the repsrv.log?

Thanks,

Lyka

miller_michael
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Attached are some key screen shots addressing some of the questions you raised.

dima_etkin
Support
Support

Hi Mike,

Regarding your setup:

1. Could it be possible that username/password have been misspelled?
  2. Can you connect to SNFLK using the same credentials using a JDBC client from the same machine you have installed Replicate on?
  3. Can you connect to SNFLK using the same credentials using a ODBC client from the same machine you have installed Replicate on?
  4. Which version of the SNFLK driver are you using?

Please also provide a content of [replicate]/data/logs/repsrv*.log file (as Lyka asked above) around that error. You can set SERVER component logging to Verbose in the ServeràLog Management and reproduce the error. Please see that the log is rolled before you run the test to make it easier finding the error in the log (You can do that via the "View Log" dialog.

BR,

Dima

miller_michael
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Below is the document I meant to upload last Friday.  The first screen snippet shows the repsrv.log.  The second snippet shows the definition of the Snowflake Target when attempting to Test Connection.  The third snippet is the "More Details" of the Test Connection failure.  The fourth snippet is a screen shot of a connection to Snowflake outside of Replicate.  This shows username, database name, and warehouse name which can be matched to Replicate Target information.   The password values in each are always masked, but I typed them into each environment by hand (snowflake login and replicate Target definition) 6 separate times; there were no misspellings when connecting to Snowflake (i.e. I always got in), but there were no successes with defining the Snowflake Target (I.e. I never got in).

miller_michael
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Problem has been worked around.  I created a new Snowflake account with AccountAdmin privileges, and used those credentials in the Target definition.  (I was previously using credentials associated with my user account.)  Everything tested and works.

lguevara
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Yes this work for me, but should be create password only with letter and number only.