cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HASK
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Unable to publish message to Kafka

I am testing a task to load data from Mysql and publish it to Kafka. Both end points connection is successfully tested. While trying to publish to Kafka I am getting message timed out error. I  have done the prerequisites as well:

Prerequisites

Before you can use Kafka as a target endpoint in a Replicate task, the following prerequisites must be met:

• Open TCP ports to all the brokers from the Replicate Server machine

• Set permissions that will allow Qlik Replicate to write to the target topics. One way to do this is to use the Kafka ACLs script (kafka-acls).

• Either create a topic named attrep_apply_exceptions before starting the replication task or configure the brokers with auto.create.topics.enable=true.

Note that if this topic does not exist, the task will always fail when it encounters a data error, regardless of the error handling policy.

For a description of the attrep_apply_exceptions table, see Apply exceptions

HASK_0-1628227182698.png

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
HASK
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Did some further investigation and apparently it was Kafka connectivity issue and was resolved by adding advertised listener at Kafka end. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Prabodh
Creator II
Creator II

Timeout usually points to network issues.

Are you able to publish from the same server using a console producer or some other producer?

HASK
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Did some further investigation and apparently it was Kafka connectivity issue and was resolved by adding advertised listener at Kafka end.