Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mythili_B
Contributor
Contributor

Ways to install downgrade version of qlik replicate

Hi Team,

I have QLik replicate 2022.11 version currently. I need to upgrade the version to 2023.5 (latest version). I would like to understand whether we can do downgrade install ie again from 2023.5 to 2022.11  in case of any issue? If so , what is the steps? 

i) As per the release note, it is necessary to uninstall the current version and install the version needed. In that case, will that impact the existing setup and all configurations ? what about license? Whether it is required to do license again after uninstall?

ii) If i want to stop all the task in qlik replicate before installation/uninstallation, what is the process for stopping and starting all task in one go (without any manual process) 

Thanks,

Mythili Boopathy

Labels (1)
2 Replies
DesmondWOO
Support
Support

Hi @Mythili_B ,

i) As per the release note, it is necessary to uninstall the current version and install the version needed. In that case, will that impact the existing setup and all configurations ? what about license? Whether it is required to do
license again after uninstall?

> Yes. During upgrade, Replicate's settings may be updated too. In case you want to downgrade  from v2023.5 to v2022.11, I would suggest:
** Make sure you have a backup of v2022.11 before upgrading to v2023.5 **
1. Uninstall v2023.5
2. Delete Replicate's folder
3. Install v2022.11
4. Restore v2022.11 backup

Since Replicate's saved information is outdated such as stream position. I would suggest to reload the tasks. Also, you may need to update your task settings accordingly if something has been changed after upgrade, e.g. transformation. 

You don't need to register the license again if you have a backup to restore.

ii) If i want to stop all the task in qlik replicate before installation/uninstallation, what is the process for stopping and starting all task in one go (without any manual process) 

> I think you may write a script to stop the tasks by using repctl command. Please check this article for details.

Regards,
Desmond

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Barb_Fill21
Support
Support

@Mythili_B 

Also Whenever you upgrade ( in particular for Windows) see these steps, so that you have a saved copy of the \DATA folder. This is the most import thing to back up before doing any upgrade. It will help with downgrading. 

Client ( REP SERVER) UPGRADE (Windows)
1.) Stop all tasks. if not already.
2.) Wait for the tasks to finish Stopping.
3.) Stop the 2 Replicate services. (server and UI)
4.) From the Replicate Command Line Console run the following AS ADMINISTRATOR!!!!

repctl exportrepository

(for alternate data directories use the syntax:

repctl -d YOUR DATA DiRECOTRY PATH exportrepository

It becomes the REPLICATION_DEFINITION.JSON keep this!

5.) Clean out any unneeded Logs In the Task Folders then Back-up or copy the \Replicate\data directory-folder to a directory-folder located outside of the Attunity product.
6.) After unzipping, RightMouseClick on .exe RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR for Replicate upgrade on Windows Server
7.) Resume the Gui tasks.
============================================================================================

If you need to Back Out:

1.) The back out requires the product to be uninstalled and then installed to the same directory using the previous kit.
2.) Once the install is done stop the Attunity Services and copy/overwrite the data directory with your backup.
3.) start the Attunity services
=============================

See this Link for more information:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/May2023/Content/Replicate/Main/Installation/windows_setup.htm

Sincerely,

Barb