Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DCP
Contributor
Contributor

What are exact steps to upgrade from Replicate November 2020 (7.0.0.402) to latest available version?

We are currently on Replicate version 7.0.0.402 and want to upgrade to latest available Replicate version.

What are exact steps to upgrade from Replicate November 2020 (7.0.0.402) to latest available version?

We have never performed an upgrade, so this entire process will be new to us.

Need to know if we need to step through each version in between to progress through version upgrades, or can we go straight to latest version?

How do we download needed upgrades? (specific instructions)  

What commands and steps do we execute? (specific instructions)   I saw one step in online documentation that said "run setup wizard".   Help like that isn't very helpful.  If I'm not familiar with the setup wizard, I have no idea how to run it, or if I even have it available to me.

What configuration changes, if any, need to be applied?

Thanks in advance for assistance...

Labels (1)
10 Replies
shashi_holla
Support
Support

Hi @DCP 

Upgrade Steps:

1) Stop all running tasks and take backup of Data folder (Attunity/Replicate/Data)

2) Upgrade to Replicate version 2021.11 latest Service Pack

3) Verify the endpoint connections and if everything looks good then ensure all tasks are stopped and take a backup of Data folder again

4) Upgrade to either 2022.05 or 2022.11 (2023.05 is a new version released earlier this week but can wait for few more Service pack before upgrading to that)

Backout steps:

1) If you see any issues after upgrading to the latest patch version then here are the steps to revert to 2021.11

-> Uninstall latest version of Replicate

-> replace the data folder from 2021.11 data folder backup

-> Install 2021.11 version of Replicate and it's still under support

2) Repeat the same steps as above to revert back to Nov 2020 version.

In any case, please open a Support case and team will be happy to help and provide required installable for each step.

Thank you,

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @DCP 

Here are the upgrade paths to version 2023.5 which was just released this week. Please check this link for the full release notes: Qlik Replicate May 2023 - Initial Release - Qlik Community - 2055251

Upgrade paths

Qlik supports four Replicate versions (including this one).

Direct upgrade is supported from the last two versions only (including any service releases for those versions). The last two versions are are Replicate May 2022 and Replicate November 2022.

Upgrading from Replicate April 2020 (6.6)

If you are upgrading from Replicate April 2020 (6.6), you need to perform the following upgrades:

1. Upgrade to Replicate November 2020 (7.0).
  2. Upgrade to Replicate November 2021.
  3. Upgrade to Replicate November 2022.
  4. Upgrade to Replicate May 2023.

Based on this, you will need to apply the November 2021 upgrade and the November 2022 upgrade before applying May 2023.

You can access our download page here. Downloads for all these versions are available there:

Product Downloads | Qlik Community

On the left, set the category to Qlik Data Integration. On the right, change the filter to "all releases and all patches". Then set the product filter to Replicate, then select the version you want to download.

If you also use Enterprise Manager or Compose, you will need to upgrade those as well.

Please refer to this knowledge article for the upgrade steps:

Qlik Replicate Upgrade Guide - Qlik Community - 1729651

Thanks,

Dana

DCP
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for the guidance.    I'm looking at the downloads.   For November 2021 version, I see an Initial Release and then Services Releases SR1 and SR2.   Do I need to process the Initial Release only in order to upgrade then to November 2022?   Or do I need to process the Initial Release and then both of the Service Releases for November 2021 before I can upgrade to November 2022?    I see November 2022 has Initial Release and then a Service Release SR1....again, do I process one vs. the other, or Initial Release AND SR1 before being able to upgrade to May 2023?

Please clarify what sequence is necessary given all the initial releases vs. services releases.

Thanks,

Dennis

shashi_holla
Support
Support

@DCP 

Always recommended to go with latest SRs, Hence ->

• Upgrade from 7.0 to Nov 2021 SR2
  • Then to Nov 2022 SR1 or May 2023 SR1

But again, better to open Support case so that you get help from a Support Rep and can have a working session. 

Thank you,

DCP
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you.   Another question came to mind.

Is anything changed on the Target servers during the Replicate upgrades?

Are any markers on target tables updated, or parameters set, or version flags set.....anything on the targets?

shashi_holla
Support
Support

Yes, there are few changes with some of the Cloud target endpoints. 

But it will not change any of the existing transformations or table status pointers or cause any DDL changes on the target. 

Thank you,

FrancoHR
Partner - Contributor III

Hello, 

What are the steps to upgrade from replicate may 2021 to one of the last 2 versions?

Regards,

SwathiPulagam
Support
Support

Hi @FrancoHR ,

Is the server for your Replicate application running on Linux or Windows?

Thanks,

Swathi

FrancoHR

Hi @SwathiPulagam ,

Its running on Windows.

Thanks.