Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any one successful in using Jmeter for Load testing?

I tried NTLM authentication ,it is of no use because each session is killed by new simulated user.

I also tried Custom authentication as per the Scalability document by implementing IIS and it didn't work either.

(Access point page is not loading after replacing the Authentication.aspx  file )

Has anyone get the Scalabilty tool working?If yes, which type of authentication you used?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi,

You only need to enable it in the QMC and of course make sure your jmeter script uses it as well by selecting header as authentication method.

If issues occur, try accessing the access point manually with your browser to make sure that the setup is correct. There are several plugins for browser that allow you to inject headers (Modify Header/ModHeader) or you can do the same through tools like fiddler.

cheers

/sebastian

View solution in original post

43 Replies
Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hello,

The tool works with the provided authentication methods, but issues can occur due to other parts in the setup and of course due to what CALs that are available (in the NTLM case). Generally it is a good idea and safe bet to use header authentication to simulate several users, see pages 14-15 in the QVScalabilityTools.pdf.

cheers

/Sebastian

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Sebastian,

Thanks for your reply. Do I just need to enable header authentication from the Management console or is there any other setup I have to implement before enabling header authentication from Management console.

Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi,

You only need to enable it in the QMC and of course make sure your jmeter script uses it as well by selecting header as authentication method.

If issues occur, try accessing the access point manually with your browser to make sure that the setup is correct. There are several plugins for browser that allow you to inject headers (Modify Header/ModHeader) or you can do the same through tools like fiddler.

cheers

/sebastian

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sebastian,

I tried Header Auth as per the document and I was able to login using Fiddler but when I run the tests still the users are killing each other.I am adding Event log files below for reference.Any Clue where it is going wrong.I tired Enabling and Disabling the Dynamic CAL assignment but there is no change in results.

2015-07-29 11:39:21

2015-07-29 13:31:584700InformationTicket created: Ticket (xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx) for imo\qvtestuser10.
2015-07-29 11:39:212015-07-29 13:31:584700InformationSE_LOG: Document Load - ODE1: Document C:\QlikView\T3 Application\CQM Dashboard.qvw, AuthenLev(2). Authuser()
2015-07-29 11:39:212015-07-29 13:31:584700InformationSE_LOG: Server - UpdateSharedFile: updating DONE for document C:\QLIKVIEW\T3 APPLICATION\CQM DASHBOARD.QVW
2015-07-29 11:39:212015-07-29 13:31:584100NoticeCAL usage: Named CAL session for user "IMO\QVTESTUSER4" stopped
2015-07-29 11:39:212015-07-29 13:31:584700InformationSession stop reason: Killed because Named User Cal was needed from another client
2015-07-29 11:39:212015-07-29 13:31:584700InformationCAL usage: Named CAL "IMO\QVTESTUSER10" was in use on another client - killed.
2015-07-29 11:39:212015-07-29 13:31:584700InformationCAL usage: Named CAL "IMO\QVTESTUSER10" now used - ok.
2015-07-29 11:39:212015-07-29 13:31:584100NoticeCAL usage: Using CAL of type "Named User" for user "IMO\QVTESTUSER10". Named user cals in use: 15
2015-07-29 11:39:21
Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi,

What are your run settings for the script, and how many headerusers have you specified in your header file?

If you ever have more concurrent users than available names in your headerfile then users will start competing for access.

That is my best guess of what is happening, otherwise it seems to be configured correct as you both can access with fiddler and jmeter (although sessions kill each other).

/sebastian

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Seems Like it is working fine now .Every new user is assigned a new CAL.If everything goes well,I will postthe final result .Big Thanks to Sebastian Frednberg

Log File:

100 Notice CAL usage: Using CAL of type "Named User" for user "IMO\QVTESTUSER13". Named user cals in use: 15

300 Error SE_LOG: Error Extensions: Failed to load extension NoGreen. Make sure it is available at the correct location.

300 Error Extensions: Failed to load extension NoGreen. Make sure it is available at the correct location

100 Notice CAL usage: Using CAL of type "Named User" for user "IMO\QVTESTUSER14". Named user cals in use: 16

300 Error SE_LOG: Error Extensions: Failed to load extension NoGreen. Make sure it is available at the correct location.

300 Error Extensions: Failed to load extension NoGreen. Make sure it is available at the correct location

100 Notice CAL usage: Using CAL of type "Named User" for user "IMO\QVTESTUSER15". Named user cals in use: 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sebastian,

When I execute the Jmeter test for the first time ,new CAL's are assigned to new user's but If I run same test again then the last CAL used to last user in the first test is being used by all the users in the second test run.Is that some thing to worry or can I proceed with analyzing the results.

Log File:

4100NoticeCAL usage: Using CAL of type "Named User" for user "IMO\QVTESTUSER1". Named user cals in use: 73
1300ErrorSE_LOG: Error Extensions: Failed to load extension NoGreen. Make sure it is available at the correct location.
1300ErrorExtensions: Failed to load extension NoGreen. Make sure it is available at the correct location
1300ErrorSE_LOG: Error Extensions: Failed to load extension NoGreen. Make sure it is available at the correct location.
1300ErrorExtensions: Failed to load extension NoGreen. Make sure it is available at the correct location
4100NoticeCAL usage: Named CAL session for user "IMO\QVTESTUSER1" stopped
4100NoticeCAL usage: Using CAL of type "Named User" for user "IMO\QVTESTUSER2". Named user cals in use: 73

In the above case I ran test with 70 concurrent users and each user is assigned a new CAL in sequence 1,2,3....

I ran the same test again after completing the first test then all users started using same CAL 73 which is the last CAL assigned to last user in test 1.

Run Settings:

1.PNG

Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi,

No that is nothing to worry about, it seems to be in order. "Named user cals in use: 73" means that you have 73 CALs in use, not that all users are assigned the 73rd CAL. In the logs provided both QVTESTUSER1 and QVTESTUSER2 are assigned CALs, but as they are named users that have previously been assigned those CALs from earlier they will reuse those.

cheers

/sebastian

pkkushwaha
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Hi All,

I also have to test Qlikview performance using JMeter but unable to configure it properly. it would be great if any one  can help me to configure it step wise.

Thanks in advance.

Pradeep.