Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Corrupt Shared and Meta Files

Boa noite,

Good night,

someone have a problem with corrupt shared and meta files?

I have the file, 1,3mb size, but the Server Objects don´t see in QMC.

Hegards.

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Did you happen to edit that file on the server very often?

SaiLeela Maguluri

Not applicable
Author

How to talk edit file?

Just modify with file qvw open in browser.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

I tried used the software Power Tools.

Included in the Power Tools

SharedFileViewer

Provides insight into the QlikView Server .shared files belonging to .qvw documents. The .shared file stores server data such as server/shared bookmarks, server objects (charts and objects created by a client via the server), annotations and other data that is specific to the document. The tool visualizes the content of the binary .shared file and provides options to "Repair" legacy files, as well as defrag large .shared files.

Someone used this software?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What version of QlikView are you using? I think 11.2 SR6 and higher allows for correction of corrupt .shared files by way of a command-line argument to QVS.

See the release notes for your version to get the syntax. From the SR9 release notes:

15 Shared file Cleaning TOOL

QlikView are pleased to announce that a new shared file Cleaning Tool is now included in the QlikView
Server executable. This will allow system administrators to analyze (verify) and repair (purge) the
QlikView document shared files easily and effectively simply by running a command line execution of
QVS.exe with special parameters. The server administrator will then have the option of using the
purged shared file, or retaining the old shared file.