Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwallman
Creator III
Creator III

How should I create a scenario where there is a mixture of poor performing sheets and good sheets?

Hello all,

How should I create a scenario where there is a mixture of poor performing sheets and good sheets?

To give you an example we have a dashboard with about 9 sheets.

Majority of these sheets have good response times to clicks even before using this testing tool.

However we have a few sheets where there are big table objects with complex expressions for measures and dimensions (e.g. IF statements etc). These sheets can take over a minute to display the data.

How do you write a scenario where both of these types of sheets are included? Is there anything special you would do for poor sheets where you know the load time of objects is slow? My concern is these sheets impact the overall result especially when you are doing concurrent users testing of 50 to 500 users.

1 Reply
SebastianFabian
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi!

What you should do depends on the real-life use case of the app. Are these heavy sheets used regularly by users, or are they only used sparingly compared to other sheets?

Of course they will have an impact on the overall result, but then again, so will they on overall perceived user performance when used in production. Try to design a scenario that captures a typical usage of the app. If there are several distinct user flows in the app, let's say some users are not usually interested in these heavy sheets, it might make sense to design several scenarios for testing the app.