Qlik Community

Qlik Scalability

A group dedicated to advancing Qlik scalability and performance. In this group we will share knowledge on how to perform load tests of Qlik products.

Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Intel E7 v3 performance

Hi

Have anyone ever used a Intel E7 v3. I want to know the performance. I have a customer who want to use a server with E7 v3 CPU's

2 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: Intel E7 v3 performance

Hi Jakob,

When looking at the current lineup of E7 v3 chipsets: Intel® Xeon® Processor E7 v3 Family

there are few, if any, that would be exceptional.

The ideal E7-4850v3  is outperformed by their v2 counterpart E7-4890v2 in nearly every aspect (clock speed, cores).

It is still unclear how the QPI links are connected when using an E7-88xx chipset in a four socket server, and it is yet to be tested. If the results for those are good then the ET-8890 v3 could be a solid option, but again it is not tested by us.

I'd recommend having them going for E7-4890 v2 or similar, which are proven to be good.

Regards,

Hampus von Post

Partner
Partner

Re: Intel E7 v3 performance

I know this is an old Thread, but if anyone else is facing this issue i would suggest ignoring the E7s and go with the E5 isnstead. The E5s have enough cores for almost all installations of QV. If you are building a Publisher then you should go with higher clockspeed and lower core count (Like 2643v4,2667v4 or 2689v4). For a QVS you could use more cores but i would not go over 32 physical cores. After that you could go with higher clockspeed (like two 2684v4)