Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mwallman
Creator III
Creator III

Numerous error message - please help clarify what they mean?

Hello,

We are using the scalability tool for testing 400 users. The Rampup delay is set

Some of our tests contain the following messages:

"Execution did not dispose. Forcibly killed by timeout"

Another message is "The operation has timed out"

Another is "SessionTimedOut [Fatal]: Session timed out due to inactivity."

Another message is "Connect failed after 2 attempts ---> LicenseAccessDenied [Fatal]: Access to the app is denied: NoAvailableAccessType"

Any idea what each of these errors/warnings mean and how to fix them?

Is this error something to be concerned about? How to fix them?

Here is how my test configuration looks:Config2.PNG

2 Replies
Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

Hi,

I think it you might have 3 different problems here

"Execution did not dispose. Forcibly killed by timeout"

First one might be due to a to small load client. How's the CPU and RAM when you're in the end of the test?

Another message is "The operation has timed out"

The server didn't not give a request a response before the timeout (wstimeout) in your script, this defaults to 5 minutes (300000ms) unless you changed it.

"SessionTimedOut [Fatal]: Session timed out due to inactivity."

You ran out of license tokens for the amount of users you where testing. (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/February2019/Subsystems/ManagementConsole/Content/Sense_QMC/licens...)

Do you use a AfterIterationWaiter setting? If you don't this would be highly recommended, especially when running a big scenario like this. Please remember that if you don't have one, each user iteration will start instantly after the previous, if connections start failing and all "threads" are trying to re-connect, this would effectively DOS the system.

mwallman
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Dlo,

Gratis for the reply! Replies to your questions:

First one might be due to a to small load client. How's the CPU and RAM when you're in the end of the test?

We are testing via our laptop. This is where we get this message.

When we test through a server, sometimes we get the error and sometimes the test finishes as normal.

The server didn't not give a request a response before the timeout (wstimeout) in your script, this defaults to 5 minutes (300000ms) unless you changed it.

I have not changed the wstimeout setting in my test script.

You ran out of license tokens for the amount of users you where testing.

We still have 75% of license tokens available.

Do you use a AfterIterationWaiter setting? If you don't this would be highly recommended, especially when running a big scenario like this. 

No I am not using this setting. What would be the most appropriate setting to use from this option's dropdown menu please for a test like this?