cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
naveenbalanagu
Contributor III
Contributor III

Object details are not retrieved in Scenario Action in Scalability Tool

I am able to connect to the app and retrieve the sheets information but when I am trying to create a Select scenario action, I see that the Name drop down list is empty. My understanding is that it supposed to retrieve all the object details so that I can select an object on which I want to perform the Select action and give required parameters.

I have also watched the video tutorial in you tube that shows this. I am not sure what is the problem. When I select Duplicate Sheet action, it is showing all the sheets available in the app and performing required action. But for Select action scenario the list is empty.

Can anyone help me with this?

Also another question - What authentication method best works when running load scenarios - NTLM or Header?

Capture.JPG

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

You can only do a select if you are not on a sheet, as you do not have any type of sheet action there is nothing to do a selection on. When you are building you scenario think of how the user would use the app.

Concerning NTLM vs Header. If you are using NTLM as far as the proxy is concerned you are running several sessions as 1 user, whereas as header it will consider it as multiple users. As for the engine it will be separate sessions in either case.

Also license and token handling might be easier with header as it's easy to setup a new virtual proxy with the header settings, which can later be easily be removed when no longer needed.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

You can only do a select if you are not on a sheet, as you do not have any type of sheet action there is nothing to do a selection on. When you are building you scenario think of how the user would use the app.

Concerning NTLM vs Header. If you are using NTLM as far as the proxy is concerned you are running several sessions as 1 user, whereas as header it will consider it as multiple users. As for the engine it will be separate sessions in either case.

Also license and token handling might be easier with header as it's easy to setup a new virtual proxy with the header settings, which can later be easily be removed when no longer needed.

naveenbalanagu
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you.

So do I have to create a sheet action scenario first and then do actions like select/search?

Today, I created scenario workflow like below.

1. ChangeSheet (when I click on Name - all the sheets are loaded)
  2. TimerDelay
  3. ChangeSheet (switched to a different sheet)
  4. TimerDelay
  5. Select ( clicking on Name displayed all objects in the sheet )

So do I need to always create a workflow that starts with ChangeSheet and then perform/apply Search/Selection scenarios on specific objects of the sheet?

Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi,

Yes, if you want to make a selection in an object on a sheet you first need to go to that sheet. It is the same flow that a real user needs to do.

Regards

/Sebastian