Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

QV Scalability Tools (QV10,QV11,QV12)

This package (referred to as QVScalabilityTools) contains a complete set of tools for easy creation, execution and analyzing of load/performance tests and regression tests.

QlikView documents to help analyze result and log files(This was previously included in this package):Scalability Results Analyzer

Older versions of the tool can be found here: Tool for easy creation of load/performance tests of QlikView (v.10 and 11)

Tools for Qlik Sense can be found here: Qlik Sense Scalability Tools

Note: Using windows built-in unzip functionality will not allow the .exe to launch unless unblocking zipped package first (properties -> unblock).

Note: Regarding Apache Log4j, reference CVE-2021-44228 (also referred to as Log4Shell), these set of tools are not directly vulnerable to the exploit, however JMeter, the tool required as a separate download, is. How to mitigate the vulnerability for JMeter has been documented here : https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/Qlik-Scalability-tools-and-log4j/ta-p/1872009 

Included parts are:

• Standalone application for creating a JMeter script
  • Support files for launching the script by utilizing the JMeter engine (JMeter installed is a pre-requisite)
  • Documentation on how to use the package

Version 1.2.7->1.2.8

• Changes Section Access requests

Changelog 1.2.6->1.2.7

• NTLM support removed due current solution broken and lack of a new secure solution.
  • Small updates for static content, for future product releases.

2019-08-26

Documentation updates due to:
- New recommended JMeter version (4.0)
- Changes to the licensing for the Oracle Java implementation (seehttps://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/overview/oracle-jdk-faqs.html)
- Open-source Java Development Kits (JDKs) have been verified for use with JMeter and the QlikView Scalability Tools

Changelog 1.2.5->1.2.6

• Added support for QlikView 12.50 and 12.20SR10

Changelog 1.2.4->1.2.5

• Added support for QlikView 12.30

Changelog 1.2.3->1.2.4

• Added support for JMeter 4.0 and Java 9.
  • Bugfixes for regression testing
  • Added actions: Select Excluded, Select All, Select Possible
  • Added support for 12.20 SR3

Changelog 1.2.2->1.2.3

• Bugfix for export to excel action
  • Added transfer state (bookmark) support for document chaining
  • GUI: Template selection more accurately show supported Qv versions

Changelog 1.2.1->1.2.2

• Bugfixes, make sure minimum amount of selections are respected in certain corner cases

Changelog 1.2->1.2.1

• Improved performance for high throughput scenarios

Changelog 1.1 -> 1.2

• Improved assertions logic to show faulty actions as errors
  • Change JMeter template scripts to use groovy instead of beanshell
  • New prerequisites:
    • JMeter version 3.0
    • Java 64-bit JRE 8

Your use of QVScalabilityTools will be subject to the same license agreement between you and QlikTech for QlikView Server. QlikTech does not provide maintenance and support services for QVScalabilityTools, however please check QlikCommunity for additional information on use of these products.

PLEASE NOTE:

The supported versions of Java are 8 and 9. Supported version of JMeter are 3.0 and 4.0, but not 3.2

146 Replies
Sebastian_Fredenberg

No, but the steps in the document supplied with the tool is how to change IIS to handle BA. QVWS modification is not included but might be found in the help documentation.

But, unless there is a specific reason for not using headers I do recommend that

konidena
Creator
Creator

Hi Rajesh Vaswani,

I posted a thread regarding the pre-caching in community. But, I didn't get any reply.

I have a issue in finding the Pre-Caching files.

Please let me know if you have idea on my post.

Here is the thread URL

Where to find the Pre-Caching details

I seen most of the posts regarding the pre-caching is from Sebastian Fredenberg. Can we post our issue directly to him? Let me know if it is possible.

Regards

Srinivas

ccv
Employee
Employee

Hi!

I've replied to your question in the following thread:

Where to find the Pre-Caching details

If you have any further questions regarding pre-caching, please post them in the following thread:

Quick tips #15 - Pre-caching with JMeter

Best regards,

Carl

Scalability Center

Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi again,

I think I know what the issue is or at least what you should look at. The error likely comes at the authentication point, which means the script has not been modified to handle the authentication as setup in the system. As an example you will get that error if you have enabled header authentication in the system but not changed to header auth in the properties pane in the tool.

cheers

evgeny
Partner - Contributor III

Hi,

Is it possible, to connect with the Scalability tools to the QlikView server when we use NTLM authentication and Web Form for the Login and Password?

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi,

Unfortunately we don't support a webform as a login as we cannot know which requests are necessary. Depending on your JMeter proficiency, you can however solve the problem by modifying the generated JMeter script yourself to handle the webform.

evgeny

Thanks for your answer.

Do you have the sample how to solve this problem?

Could you, please give a small sample how we should change the JMeter script to connect as AD\user (password:1111) to the QlikView server.

We are using QV12 SR5 Default Login Page and jakarta-jmeter-2.5

It will be very helpful.

Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi,

As we do not know how the communication looks when using the webform it is not something we can easily do, but we can say how you need to go about it.

The scalability tools sends the same requests thata browser would for a regular user. So you need to look at the communication, and then modify the existing jmx script to handle the differences introduced by the webform login (that can be modifications to existing requests or completely new requests). Useful example tools to look at the communication are Fiddler2 or chrome developer tools (if using chrome).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I haven't really understood how this scalibility tool handles QlikView Server Clusters. If I have a Cluster with 4 nodes, should I run  four different tests on these nodes seperately? Or can I add all the nodes into the configuration and analyse them in one test?

Not applicable

I could use the jMeter with AD\user. I actually created a local group in the machine and create all the users there. I have tested with a mix of both, local users and ad network users and everything worked well. I tried up to 2000 users and everything went well.

The jmx filed generated byt the Script Generating tool (provided in the zip file) only need a change in the the /QvAJAXZfc/Authenticate.aspx method.

I used Fiddler2 to track how the authentication works, then put that into the jMeter instead of the Autth generated by the tool.