We have QS Ver 3.1 single-node and can not get the app structure.
This issue is similar to the following Community article:ScalabilityTool assistence needed
Here is what we've tried so far:
This is the error we get: "Failed to get app structure: Failed to to connect to app. Error: Failed to connect to application"
The error log doesn't provide any insight on what is the issue.
Does anyone have any experience in debugging and getting past this issue?
Almost all cases this is a connection settings issue. Since you don't mention it, did you try the things I mentioned in the first entry in the thread you link? Specifically the first bullet.
Usually these issues are due to connection settings not being correct, so to first verify:
* Are you able to connect to the app manually using a header user (e.g. using modify headers plugin in firefox)? - (I see you did this, but as a reference to others)
* If you change the script to only be a timerdelay of maybe 10s (i.e. the user will connect to the app, wait 10s and disconnect) do you get any errors or will it connect when you execute it (i.e not "connect to app")?
Thanks for the quick reply. We tried the Firefox plugin without any luck. Any suggestions on next steps.
Can you please explain this how to do it ?
Are you able to connect to the app manually using a header user (e.g. using modify headers plugin in firefox)? - (I see you did this, but as a reference to others)
How to connect to app by header ?
You need to download the modify headers plugin to firefox. In the plugin, configure the Name to what you have set up your header to be in your system and give a value (which can be anything). Make sure to enable the plugin and then go the the hub/app using the prefix of the header in the url, example:
It has fixed the issue. One quick question, as I have made a user access rule in QMC as ((user.name like "*"))
so when ST executes it simulates the users and hit the HUB URL and collect logs. I think it tries to check for concurrent user load performance. My Question is , how it consumes tokens correspond to Concurrent user ? of As I have settled 2 concurrent users and it has consumed 5 login passes with NT connection type and Login Pass method.
eventually I want to understand how many token or login passes I need for execution ?
The tool will consumes tokens as a browser, that is in the same way a user would. The total amount of tokens consumed depends on your settings for the scenario: Mainly many concurrent users and amount of iterations you run. Some examples:
If you have 2 concurrent users running only 1 iteration then 2 tokens will be consumed, if they run 2 iterations each then 4 tokens are consumed.
If you want to run time based instead of iterations and have checked "NewUserPerIteration" that means that after a simulated user have completed the scenario it will start again but as a new user - consuming another token. So if you simulate 1 concurrent user with a scenario that takes 1 minute to execute, creating a new user every iteration and running that test for one hour = 60 tokens will be needed. etc etc..
Your replies are really helful. Can you please explain how you did below thing :
1. Tried a Port Scanner and used Ports open on Server ??
2. Can I have the visualization application of scalability tool in Qlik Sense, for now I need to use Qlik View to view the performance , I don't expect my client has any Qlik View Desktop license ??
1. Well that was not me that wrote that earlier, besides why do you want to check the ports?
2. Yes there is a Sense version of the analyzer as well, found in the same location as the QV version:
I've tried all the connection options, and they do not work for me.