Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee

Qlik Sense Scalability Tools

This package (referred to as Qlik Sense Scalability Tools) contains a complete set of tools for easy creation, execution and analysis of load/performance tests.

This tool is now deprecated and will not receive any further updates, please use the Qlik Sense Enterprise Scalability Tools instead.

Supported versions of Qlik Sense: all 2020, all 2021, 2022-aug

Included parts are:

• Standalone application for creating and executing a simulation script
  • Documentation on how to use the package
  • Regression analyzer
  • Benchmarking package
  • App evaluator package

QlikView and Qlik Sense documents to help analyze result and log files (previously included in this package) can be found here :https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-15451

Troubleshooting

For help to troubleshoot connection problems, please review Appendix A of the documentation or Connection Troubleshooting Tips

Change log

v5.17.0

• Add support for Qlik Sense May 2022 release
  • Add support for Qlik Sense Aug 2022 release

v5.16.0

• Add support for Qlik Sense Feb 2022 release

v5.15.0

•  Add support for Qlik Sense Nov 2021 release

v5.14.0

• Add support for Qlik Sense Aug 2021 release

(See Readme.txt for changes in earlier versions of the tool.)

Your use of Qlik Sense Scalability Tool will be subject to the same license agreement between you and Qlik for your Qlik Sense License. Qlik does not provide maintenance and support services for the Qlik Sense Scalability Tool, however please check QlikCommunity for additional information on use of these products.

Labels (2)
197 Replies
jok
Employee
Employee

The documentation indicated that the tools don't support a multi-node implementation.  What is the strategy for using the tools when the environment is multi-node?  Thanks!!

Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi John,

The tools can be run towards a multinode environent as well as single node. If it is unclear in the documentation, let us know where and we can look into it,

cheers

Sebastian

SebastianFabian
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey guys.  I just downloaded this and am receiving an error about the file isn't digitally signed.

The tools are provided unsigned and in this case the execution policy is preventing their use.

EDIT: So I pulled up an older version that I just happened to have (v4.3.0).  That will run the PS script but for some reason, when I pull back the app structure in the scenario editor, I still can't see any objects.  I pulled a sheet ID for the app from the HUB and when the Executor ran, it said it couldn't find the sheet.

Did you double check the app name/GUID? Do you get the "App structure updated" message after a successful app structure retrieval? To further troubleshoot this, try saving the app structure after it's been updated by going to App structure -> Save structure to file. Take a look at the saved json file using a text or json editor, it should contain a description of all the sheets and objects in the app.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi All,

recently we created extension to Qlik Scalability Tools, this helps to prepare Qlik Sense to perform scalability tests in multi applications scenarios, for example SaaS, ODAG. Project is available here: Qlik Branch

Best Regards,

Robert

dineshmdane
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi Dlo,

Is it possible to test QS Nov2018 application with Scalability Tools v5.1.0 . We were able to create scenarios only till Sep2018. It would be helpful if you could share the latest version to test QS Nov2018 application.

Thanks,

Dinesh M

RD
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

We just tried to test  the Nov 2018 version using a Scenario for Sept 2018 (the latest available in the tool) but have not been successful.

Is an updated version supporting the Nov 2018 release planned anytime soon?

mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

I tried the 5.1.0 version of scalability tools just now, and as far as I can tell it works just fine with Sense Nov18.

I have used a few scenarios that were developed for earlier Sense versions, no troubles what so ever.

One thing to check though: Make sure to "unblock" the Scalability Tools ZIP file after downloading it, before unpacking it. Right click on the file, select properties, check the "unblock" check box. 

Failing to do unblock the ZIP can cause to all kinds of weird issues when running the app later.

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!
RD
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Thanks, Mountaindude.  We did unblock the zip file.  We'll check our config again.

mwallman
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

What are the things to watch out for when extensions are used in the testing dashboard?

Is there any "good to know" information regarding extensions when it comes to Qlik Sense scalability testing?

Daniel_Larsson
Employee
Employee
Author

Hi,

Generally for custom extensions we will try to get the object and the layout. If the extension normally requires getting data other than the layout this will not be done by tool, i.e. performance result for the extension depends on how the extension was built.

We don't support interacting with the custom extension, i.e. you can't do selects etc.

If this regards the bundled extension for Qlik Sense February 2019, the charts (but  not navigation extensions) in this bundle will be fully supported when we release  support for Feb release (still under testing).