Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeshil09
Contributor II
Contributor II

Run jmeter scripts using header file & exec log

Hi folks,

I am using Jmeter scripts for pre-caching but i run in some issues here:

- I can not execute my jmeter scripts from QVScalability Tool interface because for some reason my jmeter bin path is not recognized and i get this error "Error finding Jmeter, please check path". There is nothing wrong with it though because i am able to execute jmeter scripts through the command line

- If you want to use header authentication for script execution. I guess you can use this option only if able and while executing scripts through the GUI of QVScalability tool itself. But what if you want to have this part included into the jmx files so each time the jmx is exeucted is using the the credentials specified in usrpwd

- I want to change the format of the timestamp saved in the logs of Jmeter exectuions log files to be more understandable

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi,

Your first issue sounds really strange, can you browse for that folder in the GUI? I'm assuming that it is the same user that runs the tool, that also have jmeter installed in the user folder?

As for not opening the sessions with headerusers, please check so that you have enabled headers both from the client (first page in GUI) and on server side (DMS mode in Server security settings +header authentication in webserver authentication)

/sebastian

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hello,

First of all, are you precaching with the scalability tools as they are or are you following the guide here? Quick tips #15 - Pre-caching with JMeter.

- Two things come to mind with "Error finding Jmeter, please check path", first of all did you enter the jmeter path in the Scalability Tools GUI (Execution tab, expand settings). My second thought is that there might be special characters or a very long path name? In that case try changing folder.

- Running scripts through the GUI is running jmx files, these files as created when you generate your script through the GUI which means that all information needed are stored in those. You can find the jmx files in "..\ScriptExecutor\DestJMXs", and those can be run by themselves.

- As for the timestamp, the QlikView documents used to analyze results are tailored to use the timestamp format currently used. If you read in results in anything that can analyze logs you should be able to see the timestamp in a more understandable format. However if you really want to change it, the information can be found here Apache JMeter - Apache JMeter™

I hope that brings some clarity to your questions

/Sebastian

jeshil09
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Sebastian,

I am referring to the QVScalabilityTools_0_9 64Bit in this post and the scripts (jmx) generated from just using the GUI tool offered by it.

- Yes, i entered the path exactly in the GUI execution tab settings section and the path is nothing sepcial "C:\Users\username\Documents\jakarta-jmeter-2.4\bin". By the way username has no special characters.

- Yes I am talking about the scripts that after I generate from the GUI and execute them "..\ScriptExecutor\DestJMXs" after that checking session logs, I can not see entries from the user specified in usrpwd.txt under SupportFiles, instead I keep seeing the user triggering the jmx to execute

Thank you for the last link, i will check it out.

Sebastian_Fredenberg

Hi,

Your first issue sounds really strange, can you browse for that folder in the GUI? I'm assuming that it is the same user that runs the tool, that also have jmeter installed in the user folder?

As for not opening the sessions with headerusers, please check so that you have enabled headers both from the client (first page in GUI) and on server side (DMS mode in Server security settings +header authentication in webserver authentication)

/sebastian

jeshil09
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Sebastian,

First issue, yes it is strange. It is the same user where jmeter is installed and I am able to browse to that folder from GUI. I noticed that it behaves okay on another PC, I am guessing I have some settings on my pc that need to be changed but since I could not find anyone with my problem decided to give it a try here. Anyway I am okay to use it on another pc and do not waster more time on it. And i am able to execute jmx by using ExecuteTests.bat under ScriptExecutore folder and the config.txt has the same folder path for jmeter.

Thank you for the second point, i think that was my problem in the first place, I only did check the header authentication from client only.