Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pindelicato
Contributor III
Contributor III

Can someone help me with the Show/Hide Container in the Dashboard Bundle? Not very responsive

I am using the Show / Hide Container that is in the Qlik Dashboard Bundle.

it is based on this: https://developer.qlik.com/garden/583764c83dc0cfc4138afa26

I have 4 Vizes in the container, each with a conditional statement for show them based on a field selection.

I think tied those field selections to buttons, but when I use the buttons or even normal field selections the Show/Hide container doesn't switch the correct Viz. If I click the button twice or make the selection a second time it will pull up the right viz, but that is frustrating.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the container and getting it to be as responsive as is shown on the Branch page.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pindelicato
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks, I think, but as I said in the initial post I am using the packaged in Show Hide Container that is part of the supported dashboard bundle.

The issue is a memory handling issue. Once you F5 the browser and restart the app the show hide works with the buttons. For whatever reason the extension fails to clear out the memory properly when working in Edit mode, but refreshing the page clears out the Jscript and it works fine.

I have seen this multiple times with other extensions in Sense, but definitely this one before. Its kind of annoying, but at least I could trouble shoot it.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
dreweezy
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hey there. I did something similar in the past and if memory serves me right, I implemented this by doing something similar to the below.

if (Aggr(
if($(vShowHide) = 1,
If(Rank(TOTAL -Sum({<DEPT= {'MARKETING'}>} [Amount])) < 6, Sum({<DEPT= {'MARKETING'}>} [Amount])),

if($(vShowHide) = 2,
If(Rank(TOTAL -Sum({<DEPT= {'IT'}>} [Amount])) < 6, Sum({<DEPT= {'IT'}>} [Amount])),

if($(vShowHide) = 3,
If(Rank(TOTAL -Sum({<DEPT= {'ACCOUNTING'}>} [Amount])) < 6, Sum({<DEPT= {'ACCOUNTING'}>} [Amount])),)
)
, [MANAGER], [POSITION_TITLE], rgb(255,0,0)
)

First, I set up my variable (in this case is vShowHide). My example is based on showing top 5 per 3 buttons in this case would be MARKETING, IT, and ACCOUNTING. 

Another thing you can look at is the tabbed containers extension. It lets you break down your 4 visualizations into tabs and users can select the tabs and see its respective visualization. Hope this helps and can get you started. I will try to check back and answer any questions.

ErikWetterberg

Is this in the built-in client or a mashup? Are you making selections with an extension or a standard object?

You might try the built-in container which has the same functionality.

pindelicato
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks, I think, but as I said in the initial post I am using the packaged in Show Hide Container that is part of the supported dashboard bundle.

The issue is a memory handling issue. Once you F5 the browser and restart the app the show hide works with the buttons. For whatever reason the extension fails to clear out the memory properly when working in Edit mode, but refreshing the page clears out the Jscript and it works fine.

I have seen this multiple times with other extensions in Sense, but definitely this one before. Its kind of annoying, but at least I could trouble shoot it.