Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MP230691
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dynamic changing of x axis of bar chart with filter selection in qliksense

Hi All, i want to show a bar chart in which measure is for eg count(y) in Y axis,but the x -axis should change and should show whatever values we are selecting from filterpanes

.For eg- i have 10 filterpanes 1-10

On selecting say 5values from filterpane1, the x axis in the chart should show 5 bars with respect to count(y) i.e measure

On selecting ,say 3values from filterpane2, the x axis in the chart should show 2 bars and so on.

Labels (1)
3 Replies
nisha_rai
Creator II
Creator II

Hi,

First you have to create a variable which is used for aggregate like

vCapacitySelection=if(getselectedcount(Account_l5)=0 or getselectedcount(Account_l5)>1,'Account_l5',
if(getselectedcount(Account_l5)=1 and getselectedcount(SUGGESTED_VENDOR_NAME)=0,'SUGGESTED_VENDOR_NAME',if(getselectedcount(SUGGESTED_VENDOR_NAME)>=1, 'SUGGESTED_VENDOR_NAME')))

in Y-Axis , choose Custom range (Min/Max)

Min=0

Max=

=Max(Aggr(
Count(Field),$(vCapacitySelection)))

with the help of above variable, first Max value of Y axis is based on L5, then by vendor name

Like that you can add more field and conditions 

caruso2019
Contributor
Contributor

You must create an alternate state that will represent each bar in your chart.
For example: I want to select two different stores to compare the sale of each one, so:
I create 3 alternative states in the master items.
Store1
store2

After:
Within the graph for each measure you will place an expression for each bar of the graph that will represent the selected stores.

= Sum ({Store1} [Total Amount Items])

= Sum ({store2} [Total Amount Items])
--------------

For each filter panel you will place an alternate inherited state (Store1) or (Store2)
chart1111.PNGchart22222.PNG
MP230691
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the suggestion..

actually my requirement is to make everything dynamic i.e not hardcoding even the field names...it has to be through variables or getfunctions that we have. But how to approach for that this i i  unaware of.