Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
girard_ben
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to know if a dimension is displayed in Chart

Dear All,

is there a function to know if a dimension is displayed in a Chart ?

I'm using lots of "Show/Hide" capabilities and the "Custom report" from Vizlib and I'm looking if there is a way to now if a specific dimension is displayed or not.

regards

Benoît

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
girard_ben
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Stoyan

Perfect, with concat it could be very powerfull... why Qlik did not had an official function for that... 

=if(SubStringCount( concat(distinct GetObjectField(ValueList(0,1, 2, 3, 4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15)), ','),'Year Month')=1,'Year Month is displayed' ,'Year Month is hidden')

have a nice evening !

Regards

Benoît

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Stoyan_Terziev
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Girard,

The GetObjectDimension should do the trick for you.

But keep in mind you cannot use this to display the content. Aka - you cannot put it in the Title or so. BUT you can use it as a condition to control color-coding or even how expressions are calculated.

You can check this article:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/cloud-services/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/FieldFunc...

I hope that helps!

Kind regards,
Stoyan

girard_ben
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Stoyan

Perfect, with concat it could be very powerfull... why Qlik did not had an official function for that... 

=if(SubStringCount( concat(distinct GetObjectField(ValueList(0,1, 2, 3, 4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15)), ','),'Year Month')=1,'Year Month is displayed' ,'Year Month is hidden')

have a nice evening !

Regards

Benoît