I have the following poblem. My table looks like this:

Name1 Name2 
 Value1A Value2A
 Value1B Value2B

But I want my table to look like this: 

Name1Name2
Value1AValue2A
Value1BValue2B

Obviously, I could manually change the names of the columns in the script with the "as" command. Instead, I am looking for an algorithm that transforms my table automatically. 

As far as I know and researched, there aren't many Qlik functions for working with columns. Therefore i tried to accomplish something by working with variables, but the outcome was rather poor. My thoughts were:

1. Iterate through every column and give predefined variables a value (for example 0 if the column has only one non-zero value and 1 if the column has more than one value)

2. Take the first column whose variable has the value 0. Scan this column for its only non-zero value (for example Name1) and save it in another variable.

3. Take the first column whose variable has the value 1. Name this column with the variable from step 2

4. Do all this until there are no columns left

Maybe you (the community) could help me out here! 

Thanks in advance

Cem

Labels (2)
3 Replies
edwin
Master II
Master II

when you say your table looks like this

I have the following poblem. My table looks like this:

Name1 Name2 
 Value1A Value2A
 Value1B Value2B

is it an input file?  couldnt be a qlikview table as a QV table will always have a field name.  is it from EXCEL?  what is your source?  will the data always be one column to the right of the field name?  will there only always be just 2 columns or are the number of columns changing with the input file?

pls provide more info

CemK
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hey Edwin, thanks for the reply!

The source is a csv file and the data will always be to the right of the field name. The number of columns in total is 34 and the number will not change.

tm_burgers
Creator III
Creator III

LOAD
Name1&F2 as Name1,
Name2&F4 as Name2

etc...