Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
IuliaM
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlik Sense Filter List Sorting

Hi All,

I am looking for a way to sort desending a date field in the filter pannel, somethign like document properties that we have in Qlik View where you can set how the field should be presented.

I tried with Dual() but that caused other issues, the date picker dashboard bundle object stopped working correctly and the min max also have issues because they try to show as date the 'sorting' column.

does anyone have other ideas on how we can force the date field to show descending oder (newest dates first) because like it is it's not very useful for the users to see data  for years ago that is only seldomly used.

Thanks a lot!

Iulia

Labels (4)
13 Replies
miskinmaz
Creator III
Creator III

You can use sorting properties of the filter

filter.JPG

IuliaM
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I would like to do this without adding the filter pannel, so just using the selections pannel which then generates the top bar filter. There is where the sort order can't be changed.

miskinmaz
Creator III
Creator III

You can try to load the table with order clause like below and see if it helps

Load *
Resident test
order by id;

IuliaM
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That did not work, same order as before.

miskinmaz
Creator III
Creator III

can you post where exactly you are looking for the sort
IuliaM
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

selections bar sort orderselections bar sort order

Please see how the selections bar filter looks like, it shows the selected date and then the oldest dates, not the lastes dates, which is what the users would like to see.

any ideas if we can control this?

miskinmaz
Creator III
Creator III

I also tried at my end and I don't think is so it possible now to sort the data in current selection bar. 

IuliaM
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

It is possible with the user of the Dual() function in the script but because this is a date, the calendar object no longer works anymore, it looks like it's trying to convert into date the dual expression instead of using the normal date.

miskinmaz
Creator III
Creator III

can you post the sample app