Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonStreet
Contributor
Contributor

Qlik Sense Sheet Actions

Hi 

We have recently installed the April release and want to start using the new built in sheet actions.  We were previously using an extension to handle this.  In our extension we had a really simple script which, when you entered a sheet, checked if there were any selections in the field and if there were not it would set the selection to a variable.  We were using the "Select Values in a Field" action.  The script was simply: 

=if(GetSelectedCount(Month)= 0, vCurrentMonth)

Having applied the same logic to the built in Sheet Actions I am getting some strange behaviour.  If there are no selections in the field it works fine and carries out the selection correctly, however if there is already a selection in the field, instead of doing nothing, it is deselecting everything so there are no selections.

I tried to change the script to =if(GetSelectedCount(Month)= 0, vCurrentMonth, GetCurrentSelections(Month)) but this did not work either it acted the same.  If the script just reads =vCurrentMonth it sets it every time to current month but this isn't what I need.

I am trying to get it to set to the vCurrentMonth if there are no selections in month but if there are selections leave them as the current selection.

Any ideas?  This feels like a bug to me?

Labels (3)
1 Reply
pauline_rqn
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hi JonStreet,

Do you have a solution? I have the same issue and it seems to be a bug.

Thank you.