Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Advanced Authoring

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense Advanced Authoring.

Announcements
Announcing the newest addition to the Qlik Community, Qlik Gallery! Learn More
Highlighted
dpmbrouwers
New Contributor II

QlikSense Desktop - SVG Reader extension Visualization issues

Hi Everyone,

I could really use some help with the SVG Reader extension in QlikSense Desktop(latest version). I've installed the SVG Reader extension, but as soon as I  select this option the chart is marked in red and shows the (translated) text

" Visualization not found on the server. This extension is not available: SVG Reader."

I've installed the SVG Reader in the extensions folder (C:\Users\DBROUW\AppData\Local\Programs\Qlik\Sense\qlik\Sense\Extensions).

I've done a number of unsuccesful searches in the community, so I'd appreciate any help to clarify things for me. 

Labels (2)
5 Replies
Partner
Partner

Re: QlikSense Desktop - SVG Reader extension Visualization issues

hi,

i'm surprise by the path, my path is MyDocument/Qlik/Sense/Extensions

2018-12-11_14h08_42.png

Bye

dpmbrouwers
New Contributor II

Thanks for your reply! The "Extensions"-folder I have is a result of the standard Qlik Sense installation on my system. I have not been able to choose a specific fodler-destination on my system. As a result I installed the SVG reader in the created "Extensions"-folder. So, I have no idea at this point what to change to get things working.
Partner
Partner

Save yours apps and Extensions

uninstall and then reinstall, I think it's the best choice

dpmbrouwers
New Contributor II

I've tried your suggestion, but the result is the same. However I noticed something odd: After re-installation I found that there are two folders that are called "Extensions":
1) C:\Users\DBROUW\Local Settings\Programs\Qlik\Sense\Client
where the "users\DBROUW\localsettings" can be ignored as it has to do with our centrally managed pc's.
2) H:\Qlik\Sense\Extensions
where the H:\ is a mapped network drive with all my personal files such as My Documents, My Images, etc.

I've tried unzipping the SVGReader in both, but without success. I'm still getting the message:
" Visualization not found on the server. This extension is not available: SVG Reader."

Sloboy
New Contributor

I had this same issue with QlickSense Desktop.  By editing one of the js files in the extension, rezipping and installing I solved the "visualization not found issue"

https://github.com/brianwmunz/svgReader-QlikSense/issues/43

Unfortunately, no graphics show up and I am stuck further along than you were.