cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bbergstrom
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Save App with No Data

In a previous version of Qlik Sense Hub (April 2018) we had the ability to save an app with no data by opening it with no data, renaming it and then clicking the Save button.  This allowed us to save space in our Dev environment.  With the latest version however this functionality appears to have been removed as the Save button does not exist.

Why was this removed?  Also, is there any way to save an app without data short of exporting it, deleting the original and importing the no data copy? 

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
bbergstrom
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

After some playing around I found it still works without the save but it appears renaming the app didn't work.  I had to add a space to the loads script and then remove it.  It then saved without data on close.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Which version of Qlik Sense are you using.

I can see the option in Sep 2019.

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
bbergstrom
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

We are using November 2019

bbergstrom
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

After some playing around I found it still works without the save but it appears renaming the app didn't work.  I had to add a space to the loads script and then remove it.  It then saved without data on close.