Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ltc
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Using Spaces in Set Analysis Values

I'm using the attached set analysis expression and it is giving me an Error.

I noticed that when I remove the space between "A 1" and "I 2" that the expression is then OK.  

Why wouldn't I be able to use a space if that is what my values are?

How do I fix this?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It looks like you built the expression in Excel (or some other auto-correcting editor) -- the quotes are not the correct characters. Replace them with normal quote characters in the Qlik script editor.

One, Two should be "One, Two"

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

5 Replies
agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

try using single quote as below:
[Program Type] = {'A 1', 'I 2'}
sunny_talwar

Did you try to press okay and see if the expression worked or not? Also, can you try this

{<[Program Type] = {"A?1", "I?2"}>}

or

{<[Program Type] = {"A*1", "I*2"}>}
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It looks like you built the expression in Excel (or some other auto-correcting editor) -- the quotes are not the correct characters. Replace them with normal quote characters in the Qlik script editor.

One, Two should be "One, Two"

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
ltc
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

You're right!  I was copying & pasting the expression from Word.  Word was using "Smart Quotes" which I had to disable.  Qlik doesn't recognize these Smart Quotes.

ltc
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Yes, single quotes would have worked, but I specifically wanted double quotes to account for lower-case spelling variations.