Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Advanced Authoring

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense Advanced Authoring.

Announcements
See why Qlik is recognized as a Leader for the 10th year in a row – and discover how Qlik can help put your business in the lead. Get Report
Highlighted
abeeralharbi
New Contributor

employees attendance behavior

i was given this dataset which represent a daily fingerprint for X company employees, each row is represent a scan of finger while the ID is represent the employee itself. I was expected  to give us some insight about employees attendance and behavior (absentees last 7 days , late comers, accents, presents, number of employees ...etc)

The problem is that there is no flag in the dataset that tells me when was the check in and the check out and some time like the case mentioned below there was mutable records at the same day for the same employee. So I think the only way to do it is to take the first reading for same ID and same day and flag it as check in and take the last and flag it as check out. but i don't know how to do it in qlik sense.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

Re: employees attendance behavior

You can do this to solve it

LOAD

ID,

Date,

Min(Time) sa [check in],

Max(Time) sa [check out]

From FingerprintExcel

Group by ID, Date ;

Plees ekskuse my Swenglish and or Norweglish spelling misstakes

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Highlighted
Partner
Partner

You can do this to solve it

LOAD

ID,

Date,

Min(Time) sa [check in],

Max(Time) sa [check out]

From FingerprintExcel

Group by ID, Date ;

Plees ekskuse my Swenglish and or Norweglish spelling misstakes

View solution in original post

Highlighted
abeeralharbi
New Contributor

thank you i will try it.  but how about calculating absents and late comers  and early leaves.