Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robin_heijt
Creator
Creator

100% Barchart

Hi,

So I know that in order to create a 100% Bar chart you use the expression Count(Field)/Count(total <Field> Field)

What I am wondering about now is if someone can explain to me how the second part of the expression works.

Why am I using <> to specify my main dimension, and what does it mean.

Reason for asking is that I am trying to figure out how I can make my 100% bar chart ignore a specific filter by using {<"Field"=>}. But don't seem to be able to use this expression in combination with the <> part.

Anyone that would potentially be able to explain how to use my expression:

Count(distinct[Field])/count(distinct total  <Field>  "Field")

And then adding in {<"IgnoreFilter"=>} to ignore a field.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Zhandos_Shotan
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi!

You can use combination of Set Analysis and Total in mosttype of expressions. I dont see any problem here ).

Just add it into expression like this:

Count( {<"IgnoreFilter"=>} distinct[Field]) / count( {<"IgnoreFilter"=>} distinct total  <Field>  "Field")

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Zhandos_Shotan
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi!

You can use combination of Set Analysis and Total in mosttype of expressions. I dont see any problem here ).

Just add it into expression like this:

Count( {<"IgnoreFilter"=>} distinct[Field]) / count( {<"IgnoreFilter"=>} distinct total  <Field>  "Field")

robin_heijt
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks, I went wrong by placing the ignore expression part after "distinct"

Could you still explain to me what the "<>" part entails? Why do we use the arrows exactly?
Zhandos_Shotan
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Use <Arrows> for list of fields in Total qualifier and in Set modifier in Set analysis.
To disregard the dimensional grouping – Use the Total qualifier. Syntax for Totals: Total<Field1, Field2, Feild3>
To disregard the selection – Use Set Analysis
<Set modifier> is key part of {Set analysis} where you define list of fields and values that should be filtered.
Syntax examples for Set modifiers Field values :
<field1={'Value1','Value2'}, field2={"<=Value"}, field3={"<=$(=Expression)"}>

Pls ref to manuals below:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/Basic...

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/November2018/Subsystems/Hub/Content/Sense_Hub/ChartFunctions/SetAn...