Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

2 KPIs in 1 map

hey,

i have two KPIs called kpi1 and kpi2. for both i have one map based on a zip-area.

but i want to have only one map and a switcher for my choice between kpi1 and kpi2.

is it possible in Qlik Sense?

best regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes. Use this extension :

asierfer/QlikSense-Ext-VariableButton · GitHub

This will provide you buttons using which you can assign upto 5 expressions.

Assign different expressions to different buttons and then use if statements in the map expression.

Check out the attached app. But first install the extension.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

This is not the "typical" use of Qlik Sense, so I'd say it's not something that can be done easily out of the box. The following can be used as a work around, with some limitations:

1. Create a separate field that could hold 2 values with the KPI names - KPI1 and KPI2. Add a Filter pane that allows the user to select one KPI or another.

2. In the Measure definition of your map, create a condition expression that selects one or the other calculation based on the selected value of the KPI field:

IF (KPI = "KPI1", <calculate something>, <calculate something else>)

Caveats: currently, there is no way to require that a single value is selected in the Filter pane.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

www.masterssummit.com - take your QlikView skills to the next level!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes. Use this extension :

asierfer/QlikSense-Ext-VariableButton · GitHub

This will provide you buttons using which you can assign upto 5 expressions.

Assign different expressions to different buttons and then use if statements in the map expression.

Check out the attached app. But first install the extension.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, you can create an "data island" of the values you want for the switcher - then tie the measure into the value of this selection.

Attached is an example showing you how to switch between 2 different KPIs based on some random data on UK postcodes.

Not applicable
Author

you use two dimensions for the filter. but i have 2 kpis and so i think this is not a solution for my problem!?

Not applicable
Author

great solution. thanks