Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asmithids
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Access Qlik Sense Hub Outside the Domain Without VPN

Hello,

Has anyone implemented accessing the Hub outside the domain without a VPN connection? If so, can you please provide the documentation or steps to implement.  I am getting this request more often and really need a solution.  

Thank you in advance for any assistance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

In a nutshell, QlikSense provides Web Server that are accessed by client web Browsers.

So you need to put a QlikSense Web Server in your DMZ, the same as you would for any other web site you host on server in your DMZ including opening up required firewall ports.

The first thing I suggest you do is have a word with the people who administer your DMZ, firewalls & web servers, and from them find out what internal processes / policies you need to adhere to.  Especially with regard to authentication and security.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
rittermd
Master
Master

We do that.  I can't tell you all of the specifics that our IT did to make it work.

But at a high level we purchased a SSL certificate for the URL that we wanted to use.  That was installed on the QS server and the QMC was updated in the virtual proxy whitelist and there is a place to enter the SSL Thumbprint in the Proxy settings.

I know that the ports had to be opened in the firewall that QS uses.

And the setup will be a little different if you are in the DMZ or in the network.  But that is all IT stuff that I didn't get too involved in.

So now we access the QS server and QMC from anywhere just using the browser. 

There has to be documentation on the Qlik site that details how to do this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

In a nutshell, QlikSense provides Web Server that are accessed by client web Browsers.

So you need to put a QlikSense Web Server in your DMZ, the same as you would for any other web site you host on server in your DMZ including opening up required firewall ports.

The first thing I suggest you do is have a word with the people who administer your DMZ, firewalls & web servers, and from them find out what internal processes / policies you need to adhere to.  Especially with regard to authentication and security.

asmithids
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Thanks Mark an Bill for the information.  I'll give this to the network admin.