Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Ad-Hoc Capabilities

Actually I m very new to Qlik Sense. We have a requirement of ADHOC reporting in Qlikview which should resemble the Cognos visualization and features like on the fly prompts which are reusable.

So we need to achieve the drag and drop feature of dimensions and facts in straight table and not other options.

Can we do the ADHOC capability in Qlik Sense and Qlikview.

14 Replies
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi Sneha,

I branched your question to a new discussion. 

Yes Qlik Sense and QlikView can both do ad-hoc reporting.  Both products run on Qlik's associative indexing engine which is geared towards allowing users to flexibly move through the data.  Both products also have a the ability for users to create content form web based UI.  Overall Qlik Sense is designed to be more self-service and QlikView is designed to be more guided.

You may want to engaged with one on our customer success team to discuss further.  I'd be happy to make the connection if you'd like me to.

-Josh

Qlik

Not applicable
Author

Hi Josh,

I wanted to know whether the resize option is available in table in Qliksense and are we able to drag and drop the dimensions and measures in table on the web? Are these features available in current version of the Qliksense?

Thanks & Regards,

Sneha Topre

Enterprise Information Management

Cognizant Technology Solutions, Pune

Ph:+919527090200

Ext: 207808

Mail – sneha.topre@cognizant.com<mailto:sneha.topre@cognizant.com>

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi Sneha,

Yes you can resize tables and drag & drop dimensions and measure on the web in the current version of Qlik Sense.  Qlik Sense is designed for a fully online experience so full development is possible online (and what users can do can be limited through the rules engine). 

There are two way you can get a feel for this:

1. Open Qlik Sense Desktop and then navigate to http://localhost:4848/hub in your web browser.  You will get the full Desktop experience but through your browser

2. Go to our demo site and follow the instructions to enable online creation.  If you do this you will be able to create content a laptop, desktop or mobile device.  Note because this is a public environment you will not be able to do everything, for example loading data.

If this answers your question please mark the tread appropriately to help out others on Community.

-Josh

Qlik

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Josh for quick reply.

Its really a useful information. I try these things.

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Happy to help. Please close out the discussion if appropriate by marking my response as correct. This will help other members.

-Josh

Qlik

vikasmahajan

Using Ad-Hoc you can create dynamic reports base on dimensions reports will be generated.

PFA demo and documentation

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Not applicable
Author

hi Josh,

I have tried to access the qliksense demo site. But we are not able to open any of the demo.

So I just wanted to know is there any browser setting or so to access the Qliksense demo?

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Hi Sneha,

We appear to be having an issue with our demo site.  Our internal team is looking into it so please try again later.  You do need to be on a web browser that support HTML5. You can confirm your browser is compatible on page 4 of the Qlik Sense 1.0 - System Requirements

I apologize for the inconvenience.

-Josh

Qlik

Not applicable
Author

And is it that the demo site is accessible only in US?

Thanks & Regards,

Sneha Topre

Enterprise Information Management

Cognizant Technology Solutions, Pune

Ph:+919527090200

Ext: 206688

Mail – sneha.topre@cognizant.com<mailto:sneha.topre@cognizant.com>