Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
squeakie_pig
Creator II
Creator II

Add function / partial reload in Sense

Hi

Does anyone have any suggestions for partial reload in Qlik Sense?  Using the ADD function doesn't have the same functionality as Qlikview. 😞

• The qvds being loaded are already incremental.
  • Am only wanting to add new qvd files since last reload because I don't want to have to reload the entire history every hour - it takes too long.  (I already have all this logic and it works in qlikview).
  • Don't want to use an extension because it needs to be scheduled not dependent on someone clicking a button
  • Only other suggestion I've found in the forums so far is Christoph's solution using the Engine API  - I haven't tried this yet because it is an Enterprise server and very locked down.

Cheers

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
treysmithdev
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

At the moment your only option is using either the API or Extensions (which are using the API). What I can suggest is working to make your reload leverage optimized QVD loads. If you can do that, it will be very fast.

Blog: WhereClause   Twitter: @treysmithdev

View solution in original post

4 Replies
treysmithdev
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

At the moment your only option is using either the API or Extensions (which are using the API). What I can suggest is working to make your reload leverage optimized QVD loads. If you can do that, it will be very fast.

squeakie_pig
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you @treysmithdev 

You got me thinking that maybe I don't need a partial reload and my problem lies elsewhere.

Everything is already optimised.  The loading is fast - 400M rows in less than 5 min.  It tends to be save/publish bit that takes about 20min.

Is that something that can only be improved by boosting hardware?

treysmithdev
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Saving is restricted based I/O of your server. If you are on a HDD you could switch it to a SSD and that should speed up saving. If you have multi-node environment and the reload happens on one server but is accessed on another, then that adds migration time. Only way to trim that down is have it reload on the consumer node, which can affect resources on the consumer node.

squeakie_pig
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Bummer. That's what I thought 😞 Thank you for confirming.

Have marked the other answer as correct for anyone looking for info on partial reloads. 🌟