Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Add text to Duration Label

I would like to add a more descriptive label to the following table

http://imgur.com/a/rM0aF

At the moment the label has the format : 690.15:38 which is the shorthand for Days.Hours:Mins which can be a bit difficult to read. preferably I would like it to read: 690 Days, 15 Hours, 38 Mins or even 690d, 15h, 38m. I have tried looking into this but I cannot determine if this is possible or not.

The field itself is a measure and it is number formatted with the Duration format pattern: "h:mm:ss"

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

See if Marcus's response here helps:

Adding custom strings to formats (interval, date, time)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny

The issue I have is that I have formatted the "SettingTime" like so:

time(Frac(Timestamp([SettingTime], 'YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS')),'hh:mm') AS [Clean Setting Time]

in order to allow me to add up the time duration correctly. using the link you provided above does not work.

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share a sample to test it out?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes please see attached content on the first post. Thank you.

sunny_talwar

What you have right now is time... do you want to see time or duration....

690 Days, 15 Hours, 38 Mins -> This would be duration as it tells me that there has been 690 days 15 hours and 38 minutes between events

10:20 -> current time...

What exactly are you looking to do? Can you clarify

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sunny

I am looking to plot the duration. The rolling time is stored as a timestamp i.e 01/01/1900 00:45 and what I want from this is the amount of time passed, so 45 mins in this case.

sunny_talwar

Yes, I see what you mean. Apologize for not seeing that earlier. It seems that formatting is still kind of restrictive in Qlik Sense. Not sure if I know how this can be done.

May be someone else might be able to help.

Best,

Sunny