Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adding URL-link in a Qlik Sense App

Hi All,

I have a requirement to add URL-link in a Qlik Sense App. I am aware to add it via a Text and Image object. But I want to add it in the areas 1 or area 2 circled with red in the App and publish it across all the apps in Qlik Sense.

Kindly suggest if it is possible to add the URL-link in the specified areas shown in the screenshot.

Selection Screenshot.jpg

Thanks,

Kshitij

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Here it is: Check the zipped file.

Capture.PNG

Thanks,

Sangram.

View solution in original post

20 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I don't think you can do this in a Qlik Sense App - but you could do either option in a MashUp.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply Andrew.

Can you please give some more information regarding mashup. I have no idea how to proceed and work on mashup's.

Thanks,

Kshitij

Not applicable
Author

I am just learning them myself!

You create them through the "Workbench" - simple MashUps are just drag and drop.

Have a look here: Qlik Sense - The Developer Hub (video) (the Workbench was originally call The Developer Hub)

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Kshitij,

Its possible if you develop an extension. The header of every sheet is a DIV and hence if you append a button which has a href tag and set CSS to the button as Float:Left you should be able to achieve it.

Thanks and Regards,

Sangram Reddy.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Sangram for your reply. I will work on it as suggested by you. It would be of great help if you could share some links or some example for the same as i am not very confident in extension etc.

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Kshitij,

I have recently addressed an issue like this about an extension.

Here is the link to the thread. It even has some files attached to it which might help you.

Check this out:

How to get Drop Down menu values from the Sheets

Thanks,

Sangram.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sangram,

I have a small query:

After we develop the extension, how will we position the button developed from the chart's section in QlikSense in the area 1 or 2 as specified in the screenshot below:Selection Screenshot.jpg

For eg: For the default "Hello World" extension given in QlikSense I tried to move it to the specified area but i was unable to do it.

Awaiting your favorable response.

Thanks and Regards,

Kshitij

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Kshitij,

I got it! I would do it this way.

I would not have any visual in the extension display. I will just drag and drop the extension on to the canvas and push it to one corner. It would just occupy one square in the sheet.

Now what this is would do is, get he sheet id and append a button with css properties as float:left to the title of the sheet and in this way it would work. All of this can be done through Javascipt.

Let me know if you need help developing it.

Thanks and Regards,

Sangram

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sangram,

I am fairly new to this area of working on extensions. If you could help me in developing this it would be of great help.

Thanks and Regards,

Kshitij