Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Adding fields in Pivot Table

qlik.JPG

I need one extra field between 1st field and last 3 fields. the 1st field is the dimension and the last last 3 fields are column added with measure values. I want a field in between the two, which show sum of Feb, Mar and Apr results. I need some help.

/

When i am trying to add a measure, it is getting into column. I don't want this to happen, i want a separate field.

8 Replies
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Sum( Total {<Set analysis if any >}field)

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Another thing is

T

In Dimension section, there is a option of Show total..

Switch it on..it might serve the requirement

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Shraddha, my concern is I can not add a field. Unless I add a field I can not apply the formula in it. As I am new to Qlik, I would highly appreciate if you help me for the same.
/
See picture above, it has 4 fields, I want to make it 5, use the fifth one and apply the formula you gave.
/

I tried adding column, row and measure from Data Section of pivot table as well, but this does not help me.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

no, This does solve my issue, It gives a total at the top of each column, I want a row level summation, not column level.

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

if you want to show last 3 months data n its total..

then you can add 4 measures

1. for Sep 2017 .. Sum({<MonthStart = {"$(=max(MonthStart))"}>}ValueField)

2. For Aug 2017 .. Sum({<MonthStart = {"$(=date(addmonths(max(MonthStart),-1)))"}>}ValueField)

3. For July 2017 .. Sum({<MonthStart = {"$(=date(addmonths(max(MonthStart),-2)))"}>}ValueField)

4. Total - Sum({<MonthStart = {">=$(=date(addmonths(max(MonthStart),-1))) <=$(=date(max(MonthStart)))"}>}ValueField)

If this doesn't serve the purpose..then share sample app

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Capture.JPG

dear Shraddha, let me tell you my exact requirement. As you see in the attached picture.

The first column named 'FirstMonth' is the name of the month we want to consider, second column 'Reg Users' shows number of users registered in that month only, whereas all subsequent month shows number of customers are placing their orders(please see row wise here).

/

for row1.

in column sep-13 value = 7

in column oct-13 value = 14

in column nov-13 value = 18

, this simply means out of 176 users who get registered in sep-13, only 7 are placing orders in sep-13, 14 are placing orders in oct-13, 18 are placing order in nov-13.

Note: for all above value we are considering only customers who got registered in Sep-13 only.

/

though I have got value of individual months, like sep, oct and nov, I can not get total number of registered users, because I can not include a new field. ! !

/

I hope my above explanation is clear. Please see attached file as well

shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

If you can add sample app then it would be easier to help

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have edited my last reply. I hope you will find the attached sampleApp now.