Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
Coming your way, the Qlik Data Revolution Virtual Summit. October 27-29. REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Creator II
Creator II

Aggr Dimension with Pick

Hello I have a bar chart with an aggr dimension to capture the top 15 states by the sum of a value.  I would like the top 15 to flex based on the value of a selected variable.  In my sheet i have a variable that allows the user to select a measure and the chart flexes to that measure.  I want the aggr to flex to that measure as well.  It is as if i need to embed the variable within the aggr but I can't get it to work.  Below my screen print I have pasted the set analysis that drives the metrics/visualizations.  Any help would be much appreciated.

1.jpg

Here are each of the metrics behind the button/variable.

pick(vDashboard,
sum({<DATA_TYPE={STAT}, [Year]={$(=max([Year]))}>}STATUTORY_WRITTEN_PREMIUM*1000), //Written Premium

sum({<DATA_TYPE={STAT}, [Year]={$(=max([Year]))}>}INC_LOSSES*1000), //Incurred Losses

sum({<DATA_TYPE={STAT}, [Year]={$(=max([Year]))}>}COMM_BROK_EXP*1000), //Commission

sum({<DATA_TYPE={STAT}, [Year]={$(=max([Year]))}>}DCC_EXP_INC*1000), //Defense Cost

sum({<DATA_TYPE={STAT}, [Year]={$(=max([Year]))}>}AO_EXP_INC*1000), //Adjusting Expenses

sum({<DATA_TYPE={STAT}, [Year]={$(=max([Year]))}>}TAX_LIC_FEES*1000) //Taxes and Fees

)

Here's my current aggr function for state:

=if(aggr(rank(sum({<DATA_TYPE={STAT}, [Year]={$(=max([Year]))}>}STATUTORY_WRITTEN_PREMIUM)),STATE)<=15,STATE)

I tried this but it didn't work:

=if(aggr(rank((pick(vDashboard,
sum({<DATA_TYPE={STAT}, [Year]={$(=Max([Year]))}>}STATUTORY_WRITTEN_PREMIUM*1000), //Written Premium

sum({<DATA_TYPE={STAT}, [Year]={$(=Max([Year]))}>}INC_LOSSES*1000), //Incurred Losses

sum({<DATA_TYPE={STAT}, [Year]={$(=Max([Year]))}>}COMM_BROK_EXP*1000), //Commission

sum({<DATA_TYPE={STAT}, [Year]={$(=Max([Year]))}>}DCC_EXP_INC*1000), //Defense Cost

sum({<DATA_TYPE={STAT}, [Year]={$(=Max([Year]))}>}AO_EXP_INC*1000), //Adjusting Expenses

sum({<DATA_TYPE={STAT}, [Year]={$(=Max([Year]))}>}TAX_LIC_FEES*1000) //Taxes and Fees

))
,STATE)<=15,STATE)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Creator II
Creator II

Turns out I was on the right track...  A single open parenthesis tripped the whole thing up.

=if(aggr(rank(pick(vDashboard,
sum({<DATA_TYPE={STAT}, [Year]={$(=Max([Year]))}>}STATUTORY_WRITTEN_PREMIUM*1000)/12, //Written Premium

sum({<DATA_TYPE={STAT}, [Year]={$(=Max([Year]))}>}INC_LOSSES*1000)/12, //Incurred Losses

sum({<DATA_TYPE={STAT}, [Year]={$(=Max([Year]))}>}COMM_BROK_EXP*1000)/12, //Commission

sum({<DATA_TYPE={STAT}, [Year]={$(=Max([Year]))}>}DCC_EXP_INC*1000)/12, //Defense Cost

sum({<DATA_TYPE={STAT}, [Year]={$(=Max([Year]))}>}AO_EXP_INC*1000)/12, //Adjusting Expenses

sum({<DATA_TYPE={STAT}, [Year]={$(=Max([Year]))}>}TAX_LIC_FEES*1000)/12 //Taxes and Fees

)),STATE)<=15,STATE)

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Highlighted
Creator II
Creator II

Turns out I was on the right track...  A single open parenthesis tripped the whole thing up.

=if(aggr(rank(pick(vDashboard,
sum({<DATA_TYPE={STAT}, [Year]={$(=Max([Year]))}>}STATUTORY_WRITTEN_PREMIUM*1000)/12, //Written Premium

sum({<DATA_TYPE={STAT}, [Year]={$(=Max([Year]))}>}INC_LOSSES*1000)/12, //Incurred Losses

sum({<DATA_TYPE={STAT}, [Year]={$(=Max([Year]))}>}COMM_BROK_EXP*1000)/12, //Commission

sum({<DATA_TYPE={STAT}, [Year]={$(=Max([Year]))}>}DCC_EXP_INC*1000)/12, //Defense Cost

sum({<DATA_TYPE={STAT}, [Year]={$(=Max([Year]))}>}AO_EXP_INC*1000)/12, //Adjusting Expenses

sum({<DATA_TYPE={STAT}, [Year]={$(=Max([Year]))}>}TAX_LIC_FEES*1000)/12 //Taxes and Fees

)),STATE)<=15,STATE)

View solution in original post