Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BeeGees
Contributor III
Contributor III

Aggr for 2x dimensions - sorting by expresion problem (Pareto analysis)

Hi, I want to calculate running total % of sales for pareto analysis. Everything works fine when working with one dimension. Lets say i have dimension "Key" and wanna to sort it by "sum(Sales)" in descending order using Aggr. So i do:

Aggr(
rangesum(Above(sum([Sales])/sum(TOTAL [Sales]), 0, rowno() )),
(Key, (=Sum([Sales]), DESC))
)

That just works. But when i want to put into a play second dimension (lets say month) things is starting to get messy. First i went with this set analysis:

=Aggr(
rangesum(Above(sum([Sales])/sum(TOTAL <Month> [Sales]), 0, rowno() )),
Month, (Key, (=Sum([Sales]), DESC))
)

The problem with the above is that Aggr sorts rows within Aggr by Key, but GLOBALLY not by each month SEPARETLY. Which leads to incorrect results. Is there any way to sort data within Aggr by Key & Month?

I came up with an ugly solution, thats is not flexible in any means (requires loading script changes). I just loaded every possible combination of Key & Month into my model and created new dimension KeyMonthCombined. Then expression looks like:

=Aggr(
rangesum(Above(sum([Sales])/sum(TOTAL <Month> [Sales]), 0, rowno() )),
Month, (KeyMonthCombined, (=Sum([Sales]), DESC))
)

And it works. But i feel like I'm putting too much effort into this and it could be done in much more easy way.

Thanks!

3 Replies
BeeGees
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Anyone?

BeeGees
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I would really like an opinion about the above. App performance is at unacceptable level when using my workaround. Really noone studied sorting by expression inside Aggr() ??
pennetzdorfer
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @BeeGees, I'm facing the exact same problem. Have you been able to find a solution?