Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RottieGirl
Contributor
Contributor

Aggr ordering

Hello,

Can someone help me with the ordering when using AGGR()? (I'm am very new to qlik so I hopefully I'm using the correct terminololgy.)

I'm trying to calculate the cumulative total for the FY using the expression below:  (red line only, the other two are done using a different expression).

aggr(rangesum(Above(total Sum({$<[REPORT DATE.autoCalendar.FiscalYear]={'FY2020'}>}[MIPR SENT OBLI AMT]),0,RowNo())),[REPORT DATE.autoCalendar.FiscalMonth])
+aggr(rangesum(Above(total Sum({$<[REPORT DATE.autoCalendar.FiscalYear]={'FY2020'}>}[CC SENT AMOUNT]),0,RowNo())),[REPORT DATE.autoCalendar.FiscalMonth])

But, it will not sort according to the Fiscal Year, even when I use a sort expression.  The months are shown correctly, but the Dec and Feb totals are swapped.

My script editor shows: SET FirstMonthOfYear=10; --- if that helps.

I've tried every setting I can find to force the months to order correctly, but nothing has worked so far.

chart 1.png

Alternative calculations have worked for both the cumulative total and the month order, but then I get a trailing line across the chart for the rest of the FY, which I do not want:

RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Sum({$<[REPORT DATE.autoCalendar.FiscalYear]={'FY2020'}>}[MIPR SENT OBLI AMT]),0,RowNo(TOTAL)))+RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Sum({$<[REPORT DATE.autoCalendar.FiscalYear]={'FY2020'}>}[CC SENT AMOUNT]),0,RowNo(TOTAL)))

chart.png

(FYI - This is a large data set using a data connection to our financial system, so I have been hesitant to change anything in the script editor....not sure what can be changed w/o messing up the data connection. We are trying to automate this data pull for monthly reporting.)

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RottieGirl
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I finally got this one.   Cumulative total w/ no trailing line and months in the correct order using a sort expression.  Posting here in case someone else has a similar issue.  May not be the prettiest solution, but it works so I'm going with it.

IF(SUM({$<[REPORT DATE.autoCalendar.FiscalMonth]={'Oct','Nov','Dec','Jan','Feb','Mar','Apr','May','Jun','Jul','Aug','Sep'},[REPORT DATE.autoCalendar.FiscalYear]={'FY2020'}>}[MIPR SENT OBLI AMT])+SUM({$<[REPORT DATE.autoCalendar.FiscalMonth]={'Oct','Nov','Dec','Jan','Feb','Mar','Apr','May','Jun','Jul','Aug','Sep'},[REPORT DATE.autoCalendar.FiscalYear]={'FY2020'}>}[CC SENT AMOUNT])= 0 ,'-',

RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Sum({$<[REPORT DATE.autoCalendar.FiscalMonth]={'Oct','Nov','Dec','Jan','Feb','Mar','Apr','May','Jun','Jul','Aug','Sep'},[REPORT DATE.autoCalendar.FiscalYear]={'FY2020'}>}[MIPR SENT OBLI AMT]),0,RowNo()))+RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Sum({$<[REPORT DATE.autoCalendar.FiscalMonth]={'Oct','Nov','Dec','Jan','Feb','Mar','Apr','May','Jun','Jul','Aug','Sep'},[REPORT DATE.autoCalendar.FiscalYear]={'FY2020'}>}[CC SENT AMOUNT]),0,RowNo())))

View solution in original post

1 Reply
RottieGirl
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I finally got this one.   Cumulative total w/ no trailing line and months in the correct order using a sort expression.  Posting here in case someone else has a similar issue.  May not be the prettiest solution, but it works so I'm going with it.

IF(SUM({$<[REPORT DATE.autoCalendar.FiscalMonth]={'Oct','Nov','Dec','Jan','Feb','Mar','Apr','May','Jun','Jul','Aug','Sep'},[REPORT DATE.autoCalendar.FiscalYear]={'FY2020'}>}[MIPR SENT OBLI AMT])+SUM({$<[REPORT DATE.autoCalendar.FiscalMonth]={'Oct','Nov','Dec','Jan','Feb','Mar','Apr','May','Jun','Jul','Aug','Sep'},[REPORT DATE.autoCalendar.FiscalYear]={'FY2020'}>}[CC SENT AMOUNT])= 0 ,'-',

RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Sum({$<[REPORT DATE.autoCalendar.FiscalMonth]={'Oct','Nov','Dec','Jan','Feb','Mar','Apr','May','Jun','Jul','Aug','Sep'},[REPORT DATE.autoCalendar.FiscalYear]={'FY2020'}>}[MIPR SENT OBLI AMT]),0,RowNo()))+RangeSum(Above(TOTAL Sum({$<[REPORT DATE.autoCalendar.FiscalMonth]={'Oct','Nov','Dec','Jan','Feb','Mar','Apr','May','Jun','Jul','Aug','Sep'},[REPORT DATE.autoCalendar.FiscalYear]={'FY2020'}>}[CC SENT AMOUNT]),0,RowNo())))