Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
Make your voice heard! Participate in the 2020 Wisdom of Crowds® Survey. BEGIN SURVEY
Highlighted
Contributor II

Aggr with sort by expression

Hi, everyone,

I tried to sort an aggr by expression (just as it is used in a Pareto Analysis by Henric, https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/Recipe-for-a-Pareto-Analysis-Revisited/ba-p/1473684).

But it's not giving me the desired results, so I troubleshot my mistake with a simple example, and still it's not working. 

The data is:

Test:
LOAD * INLINE [State,Amount
Ags,789
Jx,180
Mor,471
];

And the table is:

Captura.PNG

But it's not giving me desired descending order. I know in this example it's not necessary to use an aggr with expression sorting, but I need to get it right, so I can progress to my more complex real problem.

This can be solved by a "sort by" from the script, but in my real problem I don't have this option.

I add the qvf also. 

As always, thank you for your help.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Partner
Partner

Re: Aggr with sort by expression

Hi,

Please try bringing the Aggr expression field first in sorting order you will see the desired result.

Highlighted
Contributor II

Re: Aggr with sort by expression

I already said in my post that this sorting is not an option, please, I'm not a newbie. The reason this is not an option is because I will be using inter record functions such as the 'Above' function.