Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

All objects disappear on extended sheets

Hi everyone!

I was very excited to see the new feature in Qlik Sense June 2018, that allows to extend sheets vertically. However, as I'm trying to extend my sheets, I'm facing a strange issue. After extending the sheet and placing objects at the bottom part of the sheet, I come back to the same sheet later and discover that the sheet appears completely empty. I saw the same problem more than once, which makes me believe that it wasn't a fluke...

Have any of you seen something similar? Is it a bug that needs to be fixed, or am I doing anything wrong?

Appreciate your thoughts,

Oleg Troyansky

12 Replies
balabhaskarqlik

Check this:

It is recommended to use this with caution as we did not add a limit of how much you can extend your sheets. Each developer, or user creating analysis in self-service mode, should evaluate what is best for the use case. To avoid breaking the user flow, we decided to keep “scrolling” inside charts as it is. Therefore, if you are creating an extended sheet, it might be a good idea to leave some "empty" space between the objects for scrolling the sheet and not into the objects.

“Advanced Authoring” capabilities in Qlik Sense!

siddharth_s3
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Yes, same here. Luckily I had a backup of my work.

Looks like a bug to fix for Qlik.

Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Hi Bala,

thank you for your response. Not sure that the quote that you posted, applies to the problem that I reported... I only extended the sheet once, and I have plenty of room between my objects. However, the objects (all objects on the sheet) simply disappear after I close and reopen the sheet. It's likely a bug, and I just wanted to confirm that it happens to other people too...

rick_vansoest
Partner - Contributor III

Encountered the same issue. But all objects were still visible through the Dev Hub.

had to re-enable extend sheet and scroll further down the page. The objects re-appeared. I re-sized them and disabled extend sheet.

I talso think one of the objects had not snapped into the narrow grid. It could be that all objects need to fit the grid before extending the sheet.

rakeshshah
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Had the same issue here, followed your advise Rick (Thank you) and was able to get the objects back.

Does anyone know if Qlik have created a bug on this?

rick_vansoest

Yes, they have. Message from Qlik:

"Our Research & Development team is aware of the issue and they are currently investigating this issue further. As soon as we receive further updates from them, I will get back to you immediately."

The bug ID is: QLIK-89768

gustaf_eriksson
Contributor II
Contributor II

Any news on this, Rick?

I have an issue were all objects are off the predefined grid when I re-extend the sheet to get them back. This happens over and over.

rick_vansoest

Hi Gustaf,

The only information i have about the case:

"we do not have a time frame when this will be fixed. However, I am sending you the bug ID which you can use to request a status of this issue. Also, when this is fixed, the bug ID will appear in the release notes so that you will be informed when the fix has been taken place. The bug ID is: QLIK-89768"

Have not seen the bug in the release notes yet

gustaf_eriksson
Contributor II
Contributor II

Thanks for your reply, Rick.

This is a major issue, I'm surprised they haven't fixed this in the October release.