Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gavin_kite
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Am I able to create a URL in a Qlik Sense Table that is linked to an Internal location?

I have a table of data and would like to be able to create a URL that links to an excel file in a location on a file server within the internal network

file://*******.com/shares/Design/Projects/Change_Control_Process/CC(Variable)/CC(Variable)/CC(Variable).xls

I have successfully managed to create the required URL as a Master Dimension and added it to a table and changed the Representation to URL but when this is clicked on via the published app, the colon seems to disappear from the URL presented to the browser

file//*******.com/shares/Design/Projects/Change_Control_Process/CC(Variable)/CC(Variable)/CC(Variable).xls

When I manually paste the correct "URL file://*******.com/shares/Design/Projects/Change_Control_Process/CC(Variable)/CC(Variable)/CC(Variable).xls"

Directly into a browser, it does kind of work, but automatically downloads a copy of the file onto a users C Drive which we do not want as the documents are shared.

So I'm basically asking 2 questions

1. Can i get a URL to work correctly and open a file stored locally?

2. If I do manage to get the link working, can I open a shared copy, rather than downloading an offline copy (I'm guessing this may be a browser setting. We are using Chrome and IE)?

Thanks

0 Replies