Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gorterzelf7
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

App Level security

Hello all,

I have looked arround on the forum and saw 1 or 2 topics about app level security, but i think a few things have changed in the meanwhile and i was hoping somebody could explain it prober

My situation:

Under custom proberties I mate a group under the name Customers with resource type Apps, streams and users.

Under streams I have published apps with custom property the customer and a security rule voor user and # stream (customer)

Now I want an extra rule on App level. I know i have to add the customer to the custom properties of the App, but where and how do I make the security rule on App level?

I hope somebody can help.

With kind regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
gorterzelf7
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I needed to disable the security rule for stream and make a new one on the stream and on the app and add a customer propertie on all level. Tnx!

Example rule on App:

((resource.resourcetype = "App" and resource.stream.HasPrivilege("read") and user.@Customer=resource.@Customer) )

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Lisa_P
Employee
Employee

Section access is the technique used to limit the data and access within an app.  It is done at the load scripting within the app and you will find many Blog posts and documents on Community to help you.

Here is the link to one:

Qlik Sense Security integration - Security Rules and Section Access

Levi_Turner
Employee
Employee

Hey Martijin,

So you want to control which apps inside a stream a user can see? If so then you will need to disable the default rule named Stream which governs inheritance from the Stream to the App. For reference points, please consult the Q-Stream-AppLevel rule on https://github.com/levi-turner/Qonnections2018-Rules#front-end-rules (reference video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5nBdt969XI).

Hope that helps.

gorterzelf7
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Tnx, I saw your video and i think I can make it work based on that video, I only need to find the right time to do it on the server. Tnx again.

gorterzelf7
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

I needed to disable the security rule for stream and make a new one on the stream and on the app and add a customer propertie on all level. Tnx!

Example rule on App:

((resource.resourcetype = "App" and resource.stream.HasPrivilege("read") and user.@Customer=resource.@Customer) )