Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Append variable in Path String

Hi,

I am using QV Source for fetching Google Analytics data with the help of Qlik Sense.

Task is to fetch the data from yesterday to today on words . So I have created two Variables :

let vtemp = Date(timestamp(now(1)));

let vtempP = Date(timestamp(now(1))-1);

let vprofileId = 'XXXXXXXX';

After Running the script in Browser I copied it and pasted it to script editor of Qlik sense and trying to execute it

After Running the script in Browser I copied it and pasted it to script editor of Qlik sense and trying to execute it

GoogleAnalyticsConnectorV3_DataFromTemplateQuery:

LOAD

dim_country as Country,

metric_visits as metric_visits

FROM

[http://localhost:5555/QVSource/GoogleAnalyticsConnectorV3/?table=DataFromTemplateQuery&profileId=105...]

(qvx);

then replaced the static value to variables

GoogleAnalyticsConnectorV3_DataFromTemplateQuery:

LOAD

dim_country as Country,

metric_visits as metric_visits

FROM

'http://localhost:5555/QVSource/GoogleAnalyticsConnectorV3/?table=DataFromTemplateQuery&profileId=$(v...'

(qvx);

but it is giving me error that data has been not loaded. Can you please tell me what exactly I am missing or doing wrong ?

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

I assumed your script runs fine with the hard coded values?

Have you checked that the dollar sign expansion replaces your variables with text values in the same format as the hard coded values?

Maybe add a date format:

let vtemp = Date(Today(1),'DD-MM-YYYY');

let vtempP = Date(Today(1)-1,'DD-MM-YYYY');

let vprofileId = 'XXXXXXXX';

Not applicable
Author

Hi swuehl,

Thanks for the help ,It is working fine , what I notice If i use your idea and put a variable of Today's date , It works fine now but later or next day it shows me error like data has been not loaded. Can you please tell me how to fetch data from a particular date to today , as I am looking to create an application which fetch data until today. But I don't wana do all the stuff , like go to QV source every time , select query there ,copy code and paste it here, If this I need to do , this is not a real time application.

Please help me as this is an urgent requirement.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you do it manually and then compare the code with the variables being expanded (you should see this in the script editor debug window), do you see any differences?

Do you get a specific error message when running the code multiple times?

Maybe there is a limitation from the data source provider in the number of times you can call the API.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot, your suggestion are really helpful. What i Noticed , we must run first QVSource and then run authenticate after that if we run the script it loads the data from Google Analytics Source. So Now the question is  Do I need to run always QVSource manually or there is any way which makes qv source always run at back end  , for this time I am using a desktop application , May be on server side , If i run QVSource once so it will always run at  back end. Please correct me if I am on wrong Path.