Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Riccardo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Are ODAG links shared with all the apps?

Hello everyone..

If I develop an App, named App1, with an ODAG (example: name: odag#1; max row count 1).
I copy this App and I rename to App2, then I modify the ODAG (example: name: odag#1; max row count 2).

If I come back to App1, I see the ODAG changed with "max row count 2".

Are ODAG links shared with all the apps? If Yes, why I can't see these into App section if I create a new empy App? Is this a incoerent behavior?

Thanks
Riccardo

Riccardo Schillaci
BI Analyst
Datawarehouse & Business Intelligence
3 Replies
mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

I am seeing this too.
Hard to tell whether it's by design or a bug. I'd call it a bug (or at least not expected behaviour).

From what I can tell App navigation links are references by name with a global name space, which means you cannot have two app links with the same name, even if you try to create them in two different apps.

Furthermore, if you create an app link called Link1 in App1, then create a new App2 - the Link1 will not be visible in App2. 

Which is bad, as it means it's not possible to share app links between apps. 

I've tried customising the security rules to make app links show up in more than one app, but no luck so far.

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!
Riccardo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi, thank you for your reply and reproduce this testcase.

According with this document, I think this is a limitation:

Link: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000041750

“ODAG links are meant to be managed similar to Data connections, where a connection created in one app can be used in other apps. However, while the QMC provides a Data connections tab to list down all connections and control related ownership/ permissions, such management GUI is not available for ODAG links. R&D is considering the ODAG link management page in future releases of the product.”

Riccardo Schillaci
BI Analyst
Datawarehouse & Business Intelligence
mountaindude
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Yeah I know, but that doc is a year old and I have not been able to use the suggested workaround (or any variant of it) to allow a single app link to show up in multiple apps.

Will keep trying some more..

Please mark the post as a solution if it provided you with a solution to the topic at hand. Thanks!