Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrbalyaqv
Contributor III
Contributor III

Auto renamed field

Hi all!

I noticed a strange behavior of Qlik Sense, that I can't understand.
I have inline loaded field:

filter_1:
LOAD * INLINE [
_userssssssssssss
Alice
Bob
Charlie
Dave
etc
];

I added that field on sheet and saved an app. But then I noticed some extra 's' in field name. So, I opened data load editor and changed load statement to following:

filter_2:
LOAD * INLINE [
_users
Alice
Bob
Charlie
Dave
etc
];

Then I saved changes and loaded data. After this on the sheet this field displayed with new name.

Why did this happen? How Qlik knows, that I didn't remove one field and added another, but just renamed it? May be there are any well-known issues related to this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

It's a "feature" (and IMO no issue) since many years (it's in View the same) and I think it happens always when Qlik could use the already existing meta-data of that table and don't need to create a new table. The reason for it is probably that tables and the fields are numeric indexed and the names are separately stored and only mapped in the users view. Now in your case the field-index didn't change and so got this field the new name.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

It's a "feature" (and IMO no issue) since many years (it's in View the same) and I think it happens always when Qlik could use the already existing meta-data of that table and don't need to create a new table. The reason for it is probably that tables and the fields are numeric indexed and the names are separately stored and only mapped in the users view. Now in your case the field-index didn't change and so got this field the new name.

- Marcus