Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kdavis_itellige
Contributor
Contributor

Available: Two free open source cryptographic hashing applications & Qlik Sense application example

Good day,

I've developed and made available two open-source Windows Desktop cryptographic hashing applications (iTelliHashCSV and iTelliHashExcel) that were inspired by some work I was doing with Qlik Sense involving sensitive healthcare information. As stated on each product page:

iTelliHashCSV/iTelliHashExcel is a cryptographic “one-way” hashing application designed to securely protect sensitive or private information from disclosure. Proper use of this program allows organizations, businesses, and individuals (i.e., the data owners) to share complete/intact data sets containing sensitive data with others without actually disclosing the sensitive or private information. Additionally, if such data sets are subsequently modified or enhanced through value-added services or products provided by other organizations or individuals and then returned, the data owner retains the ability to “re-map” the hashed sensitive data values back to their original values.

The two products use NIST's FIPS PUB 180-4 Secure Hash Standards (SHA-224, SHA-256, SHA-384, SHA-512) as well as the RIPEMD-160 hashing algorithm to securely hash selected data fields.

Additional information and to download:

iTelliHashCSV product page

iTelliHashExcel product page

iTelliHashCSV @ SourceForge

iTelliHashExcel @ SourceForge

Videos:

iTelliHashCSV Qlik Sense Desktop Northwinds Data Example Story

Example of iTelliHashCSV Operation

iTelliHashCSV Operation Results

8/2/2018 - Just wanted to add additional SourceForge download links and to clarify that the software is not only open source but also free.

Message was edited by: Kirby Davis

0 Replies