Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chaitanyajami
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Avg Logging Time calculation

Hi All,

iam adding new visualizations in existing  Qliksense operations monitoring app, required your suggestions or inputs to derive certain kpi's , i want to calculate  Daily Avg Logging time ,we have Log Entry Period Start  and  Log Timestamp fields in Log Content table,  are those to be used to achieve the kpi? how do i achieve it ? and also what is the difference between Logging time & Session time in context of Qliksense environment?

5 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi,

don't know what is the fields you can use and what type of Kpi's you need exactly.. but it is clear that you will have to calculate the difference between two timestamp fields.

you will need to evaluate your fields using Timestamp#()

and then calculating the difference of time using Interval()

like this:

Interval(Timestamp#(....) - Timestamp#(....),'the format you need')

chaitanyajami
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Youssef,

Thanks for the response,  i want to calculate the average logging time by users in Qliksense operational monitoring app which collects all the log information. but above expression was not working if iam using in KPI object

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

If you make some selections on the Log Id it works?

you need to have an aggregated view ? or by Log Id after selections ?

chaitanyajami
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

i need to show this avg logging time as kpi object as aggregated value

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

try nested aggregation using Aggr() outside of the existing expression, aggregating on the Log Id field for example

like this:

=AGGR(your_expression,LOF_ID_FIELD)