Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david_kesselhei
Contributor III
Contributor III

Bar chart - measure not in dimension

Hi,

I have a dimension which I want to show only some parts of in my bar chart, that worked fine so far:

Dimension:

=[% Budget Type]

Measure:

Sum({<[% Budget Type]={'Acq Est Adm','Budget Adm','Latest Est Adm'}>} [# Budget Value])

This works fine, it shows exactly what I want it to show.

What I now need additionally in the same bar chart is to show another measure 'Total Admissions', which isn't part of the dimension [% Budget].

I can't for the life of me figure out how to add that measure as another bar in the bar chart. Is it possible at all?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

So, you have three bars right now and you are looking to add a 4th bar? May be try by adding an Island Table

Dim:
LOAD * INLINE [
Dim
];

and then in your chart, try this

Dimension

Pick(Dim, [% Budget Type], 'Total Admissions')

Expression

Pick(Dim,
Sum({<[% Budget Type]={'Acq Est Adm','Budget Adm','Latest Est Adm'}>} [# Budget Value]),
ReplaceThisWithExpressionForTotalAdmissionsHere
)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

What exactly will Total Admissions show? Everything including Acq Est Adm, BudgetAdm, Latest Est Adm?

david_kesselhei
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hey Sunny,

'Total Admissions' is a different measure, it isn't contained in [% Budget Type] at all.

sunny_talwar

So, you have three bars right now and you are looking to add a 4th bar? May be try by adding an Island Table

Dim:
LOAD * INLINE [
Dim
];

and then in your chart, try this

Dimension

Pick(Dim, [% Budget Type], 'Total Admissions')

Expression

Pick(Dim,
Sum({<[% Budget Type]={'Acq Est Adm','Budget Adm','Latest Est Adm'}>} [# Budget Value]),
ReplaceThisWithExpressionForTotalAdmissionsHere
)
david_kesselhei
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This works flawlessly, thank you! 🙂

Now I need only to understand what I just did.